No announcement yet.

Show me your DIY base for your 4x6 bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing special about mine, I put it together using scrap telspar that I got from the sign shop at work and an old lathe chip pan that I pulled out of the scrap pile here at home. Making stuff from the scrap pile is a common theme around here.
    If it wasn't done the hard way, I didn't do it.

Lillooet
    British Columbia
    Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post

Cool, I like that it keeps the swarf and crap completely out from under the tool.

Is it bolted down to it? I have mine on a HF tool base, but when I try and shove it around the sheet metal sides start folding. I think at the very least a 4 swiveling wheel 'dolly' base like yours is a better idea.

I wish I could think of a clever way to do it with welding 3/4 gas pipe, I just cut out like 30' of 100 year old gaslight lines!
      A angle iron tab on each corner to bolt to. I stiffened it up surprisingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post

The bicycles look like they haven't been ridden in a long time and if they're donated to someone, you would be left with some more space
        I'll put you first in line in my will Actually the one on the right doesn't get much use as I have a different commuter which you can just see on the left in the bottom pic, put nearly 30,000 miles on that one!

Comment

Some of these saws are just far too clean...😂

Mine: Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2000664
          Attached Files
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by Peter N; 05-14-2022, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter N View Post
            Some of these saws are just far too clean...😂

Mine: Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2000664
            Now that's a pricey stand unless the 80/20 stock was leftover scraps!

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post

Now that's a pricey stand unless the 80/20 stock was leftover scraps!
              I wouldn't call $50 for 3 metres/10 ft. of that expensive
              Although yeah - it was leftover from when I built the benches in my workshop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kjn.png
Views:	170
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2000771

Comment

Originally posted by Peter N View Post

I wouldn't call $50 for 3 metres/10 ft. of that expensive
                Although yeah - it was leftover from when I built the benches in my workshop.

$5/ft & at least 20ft in that stand: $100. It would have to be leftovers for me, YMMV.

Comment

I just picked up a coolant pump from a guy in Mendham, NJ, who has a base that he made for sale.
                  Search Facebook Marketplace for Custom Steel Stand and it should show up. Lots of "Stand" for very little $$.

Comment

Mine is on an old Husky toolbox, with a couple of 2x4s to dampen vibration and an old sheet pan to catch the mess.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X