Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kev74
    replied
    Mine is on an old Husky toolbox, with a couple of 2x4s to dampen vibration and an old sheet pan to catch the mess.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• PineIslander
    replied
    I just picked up a coolant pump from a guy in Mendham, NJ, who has a base that he made for sale.
    Search Facebook Marketplace for Custom Steel Stand and it should show up. Lots of "Stand" for very little $$.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Engelhardt
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter N View Post

I wouldn't call $50 for 3 metres/10 ft. of that expensive
    Although yeah - it was leftover from when I built the benches in my workshop.

$5/ft & at least 20ft in that stand: $100. It would have to be leftovers for me, YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• Peter N
    replied
    Originally posted by gellfex View Post

Now that's a pricey stand unless the 80/20 stock was leftover scraps!
    I wouldn't call $50 for 3 metres/10 ft. of that expensive
    Although yeah - it was leftover from when I built the benches in my workshop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kjn.png
Views:	166
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2000771

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter N View Post
    Some of these saws are just far too clean...๐Ÿ˜‚

Mine: Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2000664
    Now that's a pricey stand unless the 80/20 stock was leftover scraps!

Leave a comment:

• Peter N
    replied
    Some of these saws are just far too clean...๐Ÿ˜‚

Mine: Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2000664
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Peter N; 05-14-2022, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mattthemuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Noitoen View Post

The bicycles look like they haven't been ridden in a long time and if they're donated to someone, you would be left with some more space
    I'll put you first in line in my will Actually the one on the right doesn't get much use as I have a different commuter which you can just see on the left in the bottom pic, put nearly 30,000 miles on that one!

Leave a comment:

• junkaddict
    replied
    Originally posted by gellfex View Post

Cool, I like that it keeps the swarf and crap completely out from under the tool.

Is it bolted down to it? I have mine on a HF tool base, but when I try and shove it around the sheet metal sides start folding. I think at the very least a 4 swiveling wheel 'dolly' base like yours is a better idea.

I wish I could think of a clever way to do it with welding 3/4 gas pipe, I just cut out like 30' of 100 year old gaslight lines!
    A angle iron tab on each corner to bolt to. I stiffened it up surprisingly well.

Leave a comment:

• 140mower
    replied
    Nothing special about mine, I put it together using scrap telspar that I got from the sign shop at work and an old lathe chip pan that I pulled out of the scrap pile here at home. Making stuff from the scrap pile is a common theme around here.
    โ€‹

Leave a comment:

• Noitoen
    replied
    Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    how about

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	2000481
    and

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	2000482

gelfex - I really like the "wheels at one end, handle at the other" approach personally. Lift it up, scoot it out, drop it down and it's super stable. I'd be cautious about putting it on casters as the CoG changes pretty drastically from horizontal to vertical mode.
    The bicycles look like they haven't been ridden in a long time and if they're donated to someone, you would be left with some more space

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post

That cart looks like it needs to be boxed in with sheet metal to have any strength.
    Mine is sturdy enough, but could use a little bracing. Iโ€™ve thought about filling in the bottom area with cubbyholes to store short stock, that would stiffen it up a lot.

I think the cart I used is sturdier then the on Gellfex posted. But starting with the cheaper cart, and adding some bracing isnโ€™t a bad option.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 05-13-2022, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mattthemuppet
    replied
    how about

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	2000481
    and

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	2000482

gelfex - I really like the "wheels at one end, handle at the other" approach personally. Lift it up, scoot it out, drop it down and it's super stable. I'd be cautious about putting it on casters as the CoG changes pretty drastically from horizontal to vertical mode.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    I think I like clean machine pics more with a sprinkle of chips to prove they are being used!

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    Originally posted by lugnut View Post
    I'm sorry, but most of the photos of these 4X6 saws look more like they came from some hospital operating room rather than a Home Shop Machinist shop. Do you guys ever use them them, or do you just lick them clean each night before you go to bed? I use my saw at least 3 times a week and clean it after each use, and it still looks like a used machine. But it does not sparkle. What am I doing wrong?
    If filthy tools give you joy, this should make you ecstatic! The poor 4x6 lives right behind the 14" bandsaw and when I saw wood on that it gets covered in sawdust. There's also a bunch of shavings from power planing the corners off some PT 2x3 the other day. Was weird lumber, sharp corners like it was ripped from 1.5" planks!

Name:	4x6 bandsaw.png
Views:	242
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2000476

Leave a comment:

• Rich Carlstedt
    replied
    Lugnut, you mean like this ?
    used almost everyday when in the shop
    Notable improvements made over original purchase
    1 . Custom Formed Aluminum Chip collector
    2. Adjustable Bronze Rings for down feed control ( only one shown)
    3. Made a 1"square tube frame and welded steel sheet to it. left unpainted so it absorbs any stray moisture in the shop
    which I know works, as none of my tools have rusted since making the base
    4. Handle ( Normally slide inside the base , but extended for view) slides in or out and when out and lifted, no caster wheels are needed - Also
    when extended, it become a drying rack for wet shop towels
    5. There is a shelf of plywood on the other side to hold spare blades ect... and having the shelf in the back, means not having to clean chips off the shelf
    6. Built in linear measuring system with graduated markings
    7 Steel storage as needed

Rich

Name:	P4140005.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	680.3 KB
ID:	2000471

Leave a comment:

Working...
X