The Queen- OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queen- OT

This is not political, though I realize that among us all there are going to be different points of view on her. I just recently put her as my background image- a picture of her in the very early years, in her 20s I imagine. Every time I see the image, it's mesmerizing- she was one good looking girl at the time. Of course it's 70 odd years down the road now, and maybe it's just my mind, but I seem to see all those future years as I look into her eyes. I don't know about anyone else, but she puts a spell on me.

Ok- back to what you were doing-
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

The Beatles concur :
    Her Majesty is a pretty nice girl
    But she doesn't have a lot to say
    But she changes from day to day
    I wanna tell her that I love her a lot
    But I gotta get a belly full of wine
    Someday I'm gonna make her mine, oh yeah
    Someday I'm gonna make her mine

Comment

She's just another person
      Last edited by RB211; 05-12-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

She not only stayed in London during the blitz, she enlisted and drove vehicles for the ambulance corps. MUCH RESPECT.

Comment

Having been in Britain perhaps ten times for months on end I understand.
          I see her and one thing comes to mind. Pride and dignity.

Comment

In my teens, she did send me a personal invitation to join her for a trip to the Libyan desert, although she did not show up, she did supply me with a wardrobe of suitable clothing! 😁

Comment

Being a US citizen, I am not a big fan of royalty. But THE queen is one of the best examples of that group, now or in the past. She has my respect.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Long Live Queen Elizabeth. She is a Power House.

Long Live the Queen.... JR

Comment

She's done very well in my opinion. Not a royal fan, but she is ok.
                  Nev.

Comment

You guys are high as a kite.

-D
                    DZER

Comment

After watching the series "The Crown," I have a new-found respect for both the queen and her role, which I had never quite understood before. Having to answer to a higher power, even if it is largely symbolic, seems to have been a stabilizing influence on British prime ministers. We could have used some of that for the past decade or so, but royalty wouldn't work so well on this side of the Atlantic.

Comment

Having a queen or a king is alien to me. It's not like my culture had a massive war that ended in 1776 to rid itself from rule by the crown from across the sea or anything.
                        We cycle out our inept leaders every four to eight years and sometimes that feels like an eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                          Having a queen or a king is alien to me. It's not like my culture had a massive war that ended in 1776 to rid itself from rule by the crown from across the sea or anything.
                          We cycle out our inept leaders every four to eight years and sometimes that feels like an eternity.
                          You mean puppets for the controlling money families of the world..
                          If you think the president governs this nation, you might be believing
                          what they want you to believe.
                          "The Queen" is a politics thread if I have ever seen one.
                          In before the lock.

-D
                          Last edited by Doozer; 05-13-2022, 09:29 AM.
                          DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

You mean puppets for the controlling money families of the world..
                            If you think the president governs this nation, you might be believing
                            what they want you to believe.
                            "The Queen" is a politics thread if I have ever seen one.
                            In before the lock.

-D
                            It seems the families control both parties and the parties are elite social clubs that control who can run for what position. They all are of the same disgusting ilk as lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
                              This is not political, though I realize that among us all there are going to be different points of view on her. I just recently put her as my background image- a picture of her in the very early years, in her 20s I imagine. Every time I see the image, it's mesmerizing- she was one good looking girl at the time. Of course it's 70 odd years down the road now, and maybe it's just my mind, but I seem to see all those future years as I look into her eyes. I don't know about anyone else, but she puts a spell on me.

Ok- back to what you were doing-
                              In keeping with the OP, I just googled up dozens of young queen Elizabeth pics... She's definitely a decent looking woman with a wholesome quality, I don't think id rate her "hot" and in fact might not be right to do that in the first place,,,

She's always "kept up appearances" and like others have said much more, it would be a crazy illusion to have to keep up your whole life,,, all the hoopla - I think many of the Brits are envious - and then I think there's others that see it for what it is, Royalty is basically doing time in prison... it would be god awful yet the woman always seems to have a smile on her face and is kind and gentle... FWIW - I think she's a class act...

Comment

Working...
                              X