The Queen- OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
    Same with the Queen. She represents Great Britain.
    ....And the commonwealth of nations, at least those that are left of the old Empire now.

The previous line of the Royal family up to Queen Victoria was the house of Hanover of which Victoria was the last monarch..
    The House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha as a British dynasty was short-lived.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

That is pretty cool --- was she aware that you like to hydraulically dismember sheep while their still alive???
      I never dismembered any sheep. To my knowledge no sheep was physically injured. As to mentally I will leave that up to you all. And If you are going to answer in a thread about the Queen at least try to not butcher her language. "while their still alive" is not correct. It should be They are or they're. Please try to get it right my good man! (imagine the last sentence spoken with a thick British accent.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by mklotz View Post
        The real looker in the family was Margaret, the Queen's sister...
        She encapsulates all I was saying about being born in a gilded fish-tank. No real purpose in life, not allowed to marry the man she loved, pursued by the press... I wouldn't swap that life for any amount of privilege and wealth.

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
        ... Please try to get it right my good man! (imagine the last sentence spoken with a thick British accent...
        No, that wouldn't be a thick British accent - those are the regional speakers who can't be understood, and can't understand each other. What you're thinking of is the 'cut-glass' accent, like the BBC in the forties and fifties.

Comment

And If you are going to answer in a thread about the Queen at least try to not butcher her language. "while their still alive" is not correct. It should be They are or they're. Please try to get it right my good man! (imagine the last sentence spoken with a thick British accent.

Says the guy who actually snobbed the Queen - not once mind you - twice,,, and I don't know how that ever happened and how you actually got called upon by the gracious one a second time but I can tell you somebody's head rolled on that one for dropping the ball, most likely a change of hands without information being passed on,,,

it's an utter disgrace...

Comment

I didn|t snub the Queen. I politely declined both times. Also I was contacted by one of her aides not the Queen herself.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I didn|t snub the Queen. I politely declined both times. Also I was contacted by one of her aides not the Queen herself.
              Consider yourself very fortunate you landed in the era of chilled-out Queens or this could have ended up very differently... lol

Comment

Bravo!

I never dismembered any sheep. To my knowledge no sheep was physically injured. As to mentally I will leave that up to you all. And If you are going to answer in a thread about the Queen at least try to not butcher her language. "while their still alive" is not correct. It should be They are or they're. Please try to get it right my good man! (imagine the last sentence spoken with a thick British accent.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I mentioned to a friend the other day that I had talked about the Queen. Up went her hand in the customary cupped shape and the slow swing back and forth. I remember that from I believe 1958 when she came to Canada and through my little town. My friends dad was her driver. Part of her route was past the army base, and that road had been gravel. It was paved just prior to her visit, so that was a bonus for our little town of Vedder Crossing. There was a lot of excitement on the base prior to her visit, a lot of which was about security. My dad worked on the base at the time, so I imagine he came under a bit of scrutiny. We all walked the 1/2 mile to see her.

At any rate, I'm going to keep her picture on my screen for a while. She kind of has that Mona Lisa look-
                  I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Darryl show us your screensaver pic you have of her.

Comment

I see there are haters for the Crown. So be it. Ill find a hater of everything these days.

I suggest reading a couple of history books re: Queen Elizabeth. From day one she was a pillar. JR

Comment

This showed up in my feed on facebook as soon as I left here and went there. Big Brother anyone!!!!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	queen.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	2000618

Comment

Some of you folks are missing the point. And that in its self is a shame. JR

Comment

ok, here's the pic I used . Click image for larger version

Name:	the queen.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	2000627
                            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

It's not the individual, but the institution that I have a problem with. The royalty live in unbelievable luxury at taxpayer expense and contribute (nearly) nothing (figure heads for public events). Blood sucking leeches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
                                It's not the individual, but the institution that I have a problem with. The royalty live in unbelievable luxury at taxpayer expense and contribute (nearly) nothing (figure heads for public events). Blood sucking leeches.
                                Bob would you please stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel. Don't sugar coat it so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X