Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT (Mostly) - Remember the Car Talk Puzzlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

Willy - ever try not even getting out of the vehicle and just loading the key and then a major (almost dent the floorboard) stomp on the belly pan ?

I
    No never tried that, way to much isolation between the cab and the starter for me to think it would make any sense, in my cases at least. The engine and transmission can weigh upwards of 5,000 lbs, you'd really have to slam the door hard to tickle the starter.
    I would always get someone else to twist the key while I took the dive down under. I always felt it safer that way lest someone not familiar with the technique did more damage than good. LOL

Never a problem to do so when it's good and cold since at least you're dry. Always a toss-up decision though when parked in the mud or a deep puddle.
    Last edited by Willy; 06-05-2022, 05:27 PM.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post

No never tried that, way to much isolation between the cab and the starter for me to think it would make any sense, in my cases at least. The engine and transmission can weigh upwards of 5,000 lbs, you'd really have to slam the door hard to tickle the starter.
      I would always get someone else to twist the key while I took the dive down under. I always felt it safer that way lest someone not familiar with the technique did more damage than good. LOL

Never a problem to do so when it's good and cold since at least you're dry. Always a toss-up decision though when parked in the mud or a deep puddle.
      I knew you were going to be thinking big diesel lol don't you ever go to the grocery (or beer) store in a regular small truck or car? my guess is those sh*t stomping boots of yours would kick the starter brushes in just fine from inside the cab, (at least once in awhile)

Comment

Working...
      X