Advance lathe welded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance lathe welded

I am not putting any pics on here because the welding didnt turn out as purty as I had planned. Must be getting old. Its not purty but it is stought. Thanks for the help on getting everything loose.

That's what angle grinders, Bondo, and paint are for.
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

You get really good at welding, mig, tig stick, you think, well that’s it I can weld, leave it a couple of months and your welds look like seagull ****e, I call it age induced bead degeneration, muscle memory my arse, the bloody muscles are disappearing faster than I can teach them
      mark

Comment

"age induced bead degeneration", I can relate. At times I have found that age related unintended hand movements, otherwise known as the shakes, are actually helpful while I am TIG welding. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jmm03 View Post
          "age induced bead degeneration", I can relate. At times I have found that age related unintended hand movements, otherwise known as the shakes, are actually helpful while I am TIG welding. Jim
          absolutely! That shaky hand is the best for laying a beautiful bead! Once my neighbors son came down for me to weld something he tried to weld himself. We ground out the weld he made and I layed down a beautiful bead. He asked how I regulated moving the torch so well. I just told him wait 50 years and you'll get it. He then said something to the effect of needing so much experience to be able to manipulate the torch so well. I laughed and told him hell no. When you get old your hands shake and that is what you are drooling over! We both had a good laugh.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post
            That's what angle grinders, Bondo, and paint are for.
            "A grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't ! " is how it was explained to me.

I have Essential Tremor now so TIG is pretty much out but perfect for gas welding.

Len

Comment

Working...
            X