No announcement yet.

OT, which 22cal Air Rifle to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and costs: On top of the cost of the FFL, a SOT is $1,000 a year, and if you are 'manufacturing', that's an additional $2,500 a year. And said manufacturer has to have a legitimate, definable, verifiable purpose to such manufacture- things like "shooting range rental" are legit, only as long as you're actually offering that service. "Collecting" is not legit. Renting to movies is, but like the range thing, you have to actually participate. All of the licensing gets stripped in a hurry- and on a whim- if you're not actively applying them.

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

WOW the second amendment sounds more complicated then I had been led to believe...
      I remember when you could buy kits for rifles like AR-15's down there and you only had to machine a couple of parts to make them complete and I assumed it was legal? Is that option not a thing anymore? Or are you guys just talking about machine guns? They haven't been legal up here since the 30's.
      Cheers,
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Heron View Post
        WOW the second amendment sounds more complicated then I had been led to believe...
        I remember when you could buy kits for rifles like AR-15's down there and you only had to machine a couple of parts to make them complete and I assumed it was legal? Is that option not a thing anymore? Or are you guys just talking about machine guns? They haven't been legal up here since the 30's.
        Cheers,
        Jon
        Machine guns, we can still build our own from 80% receivers if we want.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Machine guns, we can still build our own from 80% receivers if we want.
          More states are placing restrictions on home built guns. Illinois just joined that list.

Generally, yes we can still home build guns, but not machine guns.

To further muddy the waters there is a new grey area around 80% receivers and parts kits packaged together due to new arbitrary BATFE rules.
          *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
            Hmm, my friend is a diver, perhaps a PCP rifle is a good way to go.
            In Florida I have an ancient Sheridan Silver Streak .20 cal that is pretty accurate, but I want to keep that in Florida, this new one will be for Maine.
            I used to have both the Sheridan 5mm silver streak and the blue streak,,,

those were high quality guns for their time and the pellets looked like bullets not flat tipped they were pointed,,, I rabbit hunted with it all the time when younger, I of course also had mine "hopped up" with a higher compression ratio, I extended the pumping piston down to where it totally bottomed out in the main chamber and this in turn put more pressure into the storage chamber - it was noticeably more difficult to pump but would still take 8 pumps to get it fully loaded --- I believe I also "flowed/port and polished the storage chamber" to create better flow dynamics on it's way to the back of the pellet...

the gun would detonate it's own lubricating oil and cause severe "kick back" while pumping it up so you had to go easy on the 3 in 1 oil...

I had i think a 6 power scope ---- I remember shooting the little battery fill caps off of an old motorcycle battery (about half the size of a dime) one by one about 15 yards away,,, also picking off fly's at the same distance --- very accurate gun...

rifled barrel --- one pump and shoot it directly into the frozen creek out back of our house and the pellet would go into the ice about a half inch and pop back out spinning like a top !

I had allot of fun with those guns - one got stolen --- can't remember what I did with the other.... not into any kinda guns anymore but sure do like my compound bow... whole nuther ballgame....

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

I had i think a 6 power scope ---- I remember shooting the little battery fill caps off of an old motorcycle battery (about half the size of a dime) one by one about 15 yards away,,, also picking off fly's at the same distance --- very accurate gun...
              Ha! Thanks for the memory. I remember hunting horse flies with my Daisy 880.

*** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Used to shoot flies at 50 feet with my Crossman 760.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Heron View Post
                  Cheers,
                  Jon
                  Yes, machine guns from ar-15s. As late as 1990 you could go to the Pomona Gun show and walk an aisle of parts dealers. One would have the selector, the other the auto sear then trigger, chrome bolt. All within 10 minutes. Machine the lower a lil for clearance and there you go. An M-16.

100% Illegal to possess in the state of Calif back then and now... JR

Comment

Two striped ground squirrels and a gray squirrel met their strawberry , peach and apricot thieving end today. Compliments of the CO2 powered .22 caliber AR2078

pffft! thwap! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X