Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jammer Six
    replied
    A new hobby! Oh, yes, a new hobby! That's exactly what I need! Shiny, very shiny, a shiny new hobby!

Leave a comment:

• BCRider
    replied
    I've got a few major things to do but I'm hoping to do a couple of air/steam engines in the next year to get a feel for some of the work. Especially the lapping of the pistons to cylinders. But I'd like to make a simple side port engine that fits into some basic square stock like 1 inch square. But using glow ignition since I'm in North America and it's not easy to get the stuff for proper diesel fuel. Plus I never did like the smell in the clothes from the model diesel fuel at the end of the day. So I've already used a bit of time looking through the list.

Check back on occasion too. Whoever is submitting the plans to the Outerzone web master has been making regular submissions for the past few months. So there's sure to be a few more in the next few too.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Wow!
    Thanks BCR, that's quite the collection of plans.
    Always was interested in building one at some point.I still have a few old McCoy and Super Tigre engines laying around that I bought in the 60's and always wanted to roll my own.
    It's on the list if not actually on the table just yet.

Leave a comment:

• BCRider
    started a topic Model Airplane Engine Plans

Model Airplane Engine Plans

Over the years model airplane magazines have posted plans for home construction engines from bar stock or casting kits. And in more recent years there's been a few posted online as well.

Recently a number of these plans have been posted online for folks to download at the Engines Page at Outerzone .

Hope you all enjoy browsing the plans. And perhaps someone might find one appealing enough to build.

There's always the option for converting these designs to glow ignition as well.
Working...
X