Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierdscience
    replied
    ShavingMaker,I don't like cheap bad for biz.I try to push the s/s rails lots more durable more compact you know the rest.

Leave a comment:

• ShavingMaker
    replied
    You can get a lot of fuel rails out of 700# and the die will be paid for real quick if you have a demand. If the demand is long term, you can plan ahead on the lead time for future stock. And you can ALWAYS assume some want cheap, and someone else will make a buck off them. Make 'um and put a different name on 'um! Your rep though... Your decision.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Thanks finally some advice!I kinda thought I would have to do an extrusion,dies gona cost$325 with a 700# min.thats ok but the lead time is a killer.Think I'll tell the knuckle draggers that want the cheap screen door look to either pay up for my polished s/s rails or go take a f---'ing leap!

Leave a comment:

• WJHartson
    replied
    Williams and Company, Inc stocks all shapes of Aluminum and brass. They have locations all over the eastern part of the country. The one in Charleston, WV may be able to help. The phone number I have is 1-800-642-8680. I have not delt with them for many years since I moved from the area. I assume they are still there.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Al Messer
    replied
    Ah! A drag car!

Leave a comment:

• ShavingMaker
    replied
    Most of the aluminum extruders have a catalog of their "standard" extruded shapes. There may be something already in stock that you can use. Otherwise, the company that orders the fuel rail extrusion probably owns the unique mold and the extruder can't sell the product to another user.
    For about $500 you can get a mold made and they will "push" an extrusion for you, probably #300 minimum quantity. They will even cut it to length.

[This message has been edited by ShavingMaker (edited 02-13-2003).]

Leave a comment:

• chief
    replied
    Sorry Weird but Thrud just made my day.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    DUH!I know somebody extrudes the stuff so I don't have to drill it!No I don't want a automotive boutique like Jeggs or Summit I want the Mfr..... if possible of course.

Leave a comment:

• Thrud
    replied
    Fuel rail?

Duh, Aluminum!

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    started a topic Fuel rails

Fuel rails

Anybody got a source for aluminum fuel rail material?
Working...
X