No announcement yet.

Laser etching dials.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember right the Hardinge HLV-H's we had at work had some sort of white plastic that the increments were engraved in and then filled with black paint.

I have some of those lacquer sticks for markings. They work pretty well.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I suspect the optics (lenses or mirrors) to go along with that diode array would cost more than the array itself. All of that light output must be focused on a single spot - or at least a large percentage of it. That is not a trivial task.

Originally posted by macona View Post
      ...<snip>...

You could do this with blue laser diodes too if you had a big enough diode array. But that would be one BIG array. I have cut copper with a green DPSS laser.

...<snip>...
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
        I could be wrong, but I suspect the optics (lenses or mirrors) to go along with that diode array would cost more than the array itself. All of that light output must be focused on a single spot - or at least a large percentage of it. That is not a trivial task.
        Thats what the direct diode laser systems on the market do, arrays of diodes focus through a transform lens, through a dispersive optic and out an output coupler. They are doing it with IR but there is no reason you can do it with other wavelengths,.

Comment

I have a 30W fiber laser! Great tool for deep engraving and etching but unless you have a need for one on a regular bases they can be an expensive dust collector 😆
          Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X