No announcement yet.

Solidworks for $10 a month or $99 for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds very impressive Rich. Shame they killed it, as I can just imagine how powerful a control like that would be after all these years of development. I love parametric CAD, and I would love a parametric control like that.

Back at that same employer I used to put the effort into making my fixture designs fully parametric for similar part families. Spreadsheet driven variables linked to mechanical desktop, so that when we had big packages of fixtures for similar parts, I could quickly make a few changes and have a fully completed model ready to go. It was awesome. The first design took a bit longer, but that time was more than made up very quickly. Fast forward about 16-17 years and the designs I now work off of (not mine), are so full of garbage and incorrect information it's a miracle we ship anything correctly. We've devolved. IMO the whole industry has in a few ways. I'm on day 17 waiting for correct information to perform a revision to a large assembly fixture, and everybody involved on the other end seems to keep passing me around, then every few days I get an email asking me about the progress lol. I then forward the same email I sent 2 weeks ago asking for the cad/gd&t so I can start. Nobody knows the plot anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
      Nobody knows the plot anymore.
      The movie Idiocracy is a documentary on life today.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

The movie Idiocracy is a documentary on life today.
        I say that more and more all the time. Sad but true.

Comment

I tried to purchase the maker version since solidworks is what I learned at school, and I like it better than fusion that I've been using at home. 2 days and counting that it wont allow me to check out, and emails to 3ds has gone unanswered. I've tried different browsers on different devices. I've deleted and re-added my address a few times, and all I get is a message saying it failed and to contact support.

If it doesnt get easier right away, I will probably just stick with fusion

Comment

Working...
          X