An example of 2 motors on one VFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An example of 2 motors on one VFD

I’ve been pretty preoccupied lately with getting crops planted and watered. This center pivot sprinkler with corner system got stuck a few times so I was baby sitting it up a hill-thought it was kinda pretty with the clouds for a back drop…..

As to the VFD- it’s a 7.5 hp Allan Bradley driving two 1 1/4hp motors. One on each leg. At 10hz one motor will stall when things get tough. Pretty reliable at 15hz.

JTiers gave me some insight a couple years ago on the vfd forum at PM. Thanks for that.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

It's mind boggling how farmers can afford the equipment they need, for there to be anything left over

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
      It's mind boggling how farmers can afford the equipment they need, for there to be anything left over
      I think they have it easy in the States. Here in S Africa you are targeted as a farmer. Its well known that its more dangerous to be a farmer than a cop.And a cops life here is far more dangerous than most places in the world. We also have massive stock theft problems and cable theft problems. And then there is drought or floods or locusts . Yes its amazing

Comment

I don’t know how you SA guys struggle through….It’s got to feel pretty grim.

From time to time the copper thieves get active here. Throw a chain up and rip the span cable off. Do $25k?? damage getting $500?? worth of copper.

Comment

Use to service those pivot irrigators over here in Portugal. We use buried aluminium cable because of cable thieves. Don't need to be in South Africa to find those vandals. Just the other day, in plain afternoon, the catalytic converter from my Prius was stolen on a busy street.
          Helder Ferreira
          Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Why we need to chop the hands off of thieves, and have Public executions. They do some things better in the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by SVS View Post
              I’ve been pretty preoccupied lately with getting crops planted and watered. This center pivot sprinkler with corner system got stuck a few times
              Loved the photos. Lightened my day. That is some hilly terrain. Where are you located and what is the crop, some grain? I used to help a guy with alfalfa, nice dry crop, we have no water. JR

Comment

South Central Nebraska. North of Kearney.

This farm would be in our roughest 25%.

It’s not very big, but you can see corn about two inches tall in between last years corn rows.

Comment

In the UK, road signs are increasingly being made of composite materials, they have little scrap value compared to the aluminium older ones. Cast iron manhole and drain covers are sometimes stolen, and busbars from electricity substations.

As for the motors, they are a pair, running at identical speeds,they have to, being at opposite ends of a large wheel, which probably works better than the workshop application.
                  Last edited by old mart; 05-21-2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SVS View Post
                    I’ve been pretty preoccupied lately with getting crops planted and watered. This center pivot sprinkler with corner system got stuck a few times so I was baby sitting it up a hill-thought it was kinda pretty with the clouds for a back drop…..

As to the VFD- it’s a 7.5 hp Allan Bradley driving two 1 1/4hp motors. One on each leg. At 10hz one motor will stall when things get tough. Pretty reliable at 15hz.

JTiers gave me some insight a couple years ago on the vfd forum at PM. Thanks for that.

Good Pics SVS,no irrigation in my area were usually fighting to much moisture 90% of the time.
                    Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    RB it’s a long term program,this is my 41 year Grain Farming and we’ve had some tough times,could barely buy cheese for the macaroni at times lol!Was never in a position to save anything for retirement,everything went in to keep the Farm going.On that note Dirt was our investments and have recently downsized a fair amount,land values have increased by 5 to 15 times of original purchase price depending on Soil&Location.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
                      Use to service those pivot irrigators over here in Portugal. We use buried aluminium cable because of cable thieves. Don't need to be in South Africa to find those vandals. Just the other day, in plain afternoon, the catalytic converter from my Prius was stolen on a busy street.
                      Whoa there mister. I thought the Prius was all electric!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
                        Was never in a position to save anything for retirement,
                        land values have increased by 5 to 15 times ...
                        Well, there's your retirement right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Whoa there mister. I thought the Prius was all electric!
                          Nope, 2 electric motors and a 1500cc petrol engine with no gearbox
                          Helder Ferreira
                          Setubal, Portugal

Comment

OT hijack but includes electric motors, vfd's and wheels and explains how the Prius moves forward and reverse without a clutch and changing gears

Helder Ferreira
                            Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
                              OT hijack but includes electric motors, vfd's and wheels and explains how the Prius moves forward and reverse without a clutch and changing gears
                              Second gen Prius:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220329_045136854.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	2001729

Comment

Working...
                              X