Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Second gen Prius:
    Power Split Device is the same
    Helder Ferreira
    Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post

Power Split Device is the same
      Yep, pretty neat system. You can see the main drive motor and the smaller one used for reverse, and varying the ratio between ICE and motor.

Comment

OT hijack but includes electric motors, vfd's and wheels and explains how the Prius moves forward and reverse without a clutch and changing gears

Doesn’t count as a hi-jack since my title was really a
        trick to get people to look at some pictures. 😁

Comment

OT hijack but includes electric motors, vfd's and wheels and explains how the Prius moves forward and reverse without a clutch and changing gears
          That is so clever! Love the simplicity - KISS!

My Subaru has a variable-pitch-pulleys CVT. I never thought having a belt inside the transmission was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SVS View Post

Doesn’t count as a hi-jack since my title was really a
            trick to get people to look at some pictures. 😁
            I did look at your pictures and found that the last segment looks a little misaligned and the wheel support kind of strange. Usually there is a common motor which drive both wheels.
            Helder Ferreira
            Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2146E6A4-D9ED-4F82-B1BE-F09DECC493BB.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	482.3 KB
ID:	2001757 Click image for larger version

Name:	9B4FECC9-146E-4BC9-9C2A-BF6154641D32.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	2001756 The “last segment” is the corner system. Those tires steer under GPS guidance to follow the outline of the field.

Here is a yield map from an odd shaped field where swing tower is able to run fully extended on North and South. Irrigates 170 of 195 acres while a plain pivot would get about 125.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6620D203-3BAB-418B-8961-8FD64A7A0D58.jpg Views:	0 Size:	875.1 KB ID:	2001753
              Last edited by SVS; 05-22-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Never seen one of those. Had to reprogram one that had a mobile 4wd, skeed steering "center" with a pump that drove along side a water channel with the rest of the structure to one side and when it reached the end of half of the field, it would swing around and double back to do the other half.
                Helder Ferreira
                Setubal, Portugal

Comment

A Reinke brand linear as you describe went in in my neighborhood a few years ago. It uses soft hose supply line attached to pipeline risers, so hose has to be reset a few times per trip. The hassle compared to “windshield wiping” with a 1/4” mile pivot and losing the irrigated corners is a tough call.

Lots of gravity irrigated ground has been converted to sprinklers here. If you don’t continue to irrigate “historical irrigated acres” you eventually lose the right. So some of these more complex and higher cost per acre systems go in. Adding a corner system nearly doubles the price and I swear it quadruples the downtime.

Comment

Around here lots of farms also use "irrigation" machines. A big motorized (by water) roll of 4 or 5 inch pipe with a wheeled cart with a giant sprinkler running 800 liters per minute @ 10 Bar. The fields usually have a pipeline with hydrants and they move these machines around. Used to build pump control cabinets with VFD's to keep the pressure constant with usually 2 pumps with 100Hp each. As the machines ended the cycle and closed, the pumping system adjusted the speed automatically to maintain the pressure.

I had a microcontroller project of my own that managed some big diesel pumps that could also keep the pressure constant by acting on the engine's throttle and at the same time protected all the vitals of the engine. They could run up to 4 machines with around 200 m3/h of water @ 10 Bar.
                    Helder Ferreira
                    Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Well, there's your retirement right there.
                      Kind of part way already,sold some land 2 years ago.Still cropping 650acres,so semi retired🤓

Comment

Originally posted by SVS View Post
                        ...An example of 2 motors on one VFD...
                        I still don't know why this is something new and different.
                        There are some things you must abide by when doing this
                        but it is far from complex and surely not impossible.

-D
                        DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-D
                          The most Iv'e seen on a single VFD is 60 0,33Hp fan motors connected to a 25Hp VFD regulating the temperature in some industrial chicken "growing halls"/coops. A PLC measures the inside temperature and regulates the speed of all motors that are placed all over the hall. There were also motorized window covers to regulate outside air. The only requirement for the motors is a magnetic/thermal breaker on each one so that any faulty motor will disconnect itself or be disconnected without disturbing the others.
                          Helder Ferreira
                          Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-D
                            Ther are people who run their entire shop on 3 phase provided by one large VFD, as an alternative to a Phase Perfect. They run any combo of machines, turn them off and on, all the stuff "everyone knows" cannot work and will fail in milliseconds. Obviously they do not use variable frequency, they just set it to 60 (50) Hz and go.

It's not new. Some folks use one VFD to run 2 or 3 machines, switching between them one at a time and using variable speed. Been done for years.
                            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

May 15

Name:	6118173F-8CAA-4A35-9C15-711AEE412B1F.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	2007632 July 9

Name:	99F3BDCC-8E82-46EC-9B8A-487FA334AC99.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	2007633 Fighting with this sprinkler again, was stuck in about the same spot, so I snapped a picture to show how much the corn grew in 2 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X