Two Piece Jaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimsehr View Post
    If you are looking for chuck jaws check out US shop tools. Lots of info there.
    Wow. There's a lot there! Thanks!

Comment

I have a couple manual lathes in the shop, and both have at least half a dozen chucks with 2-piece jaws. In my case all the jaws are American Standard rather than serrated. Over the years I've purchased lots of soft jaw tops from Monster Jaws. They come in various materials and in a number of different heights and lengths. They also handle hard jaws in several styles.

MonsterJaws Mfg - High Quality Chuck and Vise Jaws (Machinable Soft Jaws)

I have 1 older 3 jaw scroll chuck that originally came with 2 sets of single piece jaws. Somewhere along the way someone cut one set of jaws down and converted them to the 2-piece American Standard jaws. They did a pretty good job in that the chuck has less than .002' runout through it's entire range.

Comment

Here's one place:

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/...ps&hdrsrh=true

I am sure there are others.

Originally posted by Jammer Six View Post
        If I'm shopping for just the jaws, where would I look? I only see two piece jaws with chucks out there, but I'm sure that's because I don't know where to look.
        Paul A.
        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

biggest reason is that those chucks generally cost more, and we do have a tendency to be cheap bunch...

Comment

Working...
          X