X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by polaraligned View Post
    Really? Was I speaking poorly or was the volume too low? I normalized the audio level in my editing software. Maybe my Jersey accent....
    I'm on my laptop and It has a speaker hardware issue, other YouTubers were sounding the same. I'll have to try some earphones. I suspect it's my laptop.

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    Love the subject matter, had a hard time hearing your voice, but love the subject matter!
    Really? Was I speaking poorly or was the volume too low? I normalized the audio level in my editing software. Maybe my Jersey accent....

Leave a comment:

• davidwdyer
    replied
    Really well done! I wish my projects looked so good. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    Originally posted by boslab View Post
    You did a really good video, you were clear, understandable and above all the stand was great ( I reperpoused a drawing board stand for a similar job, works great and I still have a drawing board, pivots lifts, swivels, I don’t do that kind of thing anymore so I stuck the drawing board back on, I can’t get rid, I’m emotionally attached to the bloody thing, it has pin holes of the wings of Concorde on the surface, they used pins to poke the draughting film!)
    you came across well, 80% of videography imho, well done building and rescuing our history.
    mark
    Thank you Mark.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Love the subject matter, had a hard time hearing your voice, but love the subject matter!

Leave a comment:

• boslab
    replied
    You did a really good video, you were clear, understandable and above all the stand was great ( I reperpoused a drawing board stand for a similar job, works great and I still have a drawing board, pivots lifts, swivels, I don’t do that kind of thing anymore so I stuck the drawing board back on, I can’t get rid, I’m emotionally attached to the bloody thing, it has pin holes of the wings of Concorde on the surface, they used pins to poke the draughting film!)
    you came across well, 80% of videography imho, well done building and rescuing our history.
    mark

Leave a comment:

• rmcphearson
    replied
    Beautiful work. I hate working on things that are not held rigidly secure.

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    Originally posted by RSG View Post
    Ah I see. Etching is ok if there are not tolerances to be held but if I want a matte finish I'd rather bead or soda blast.
    Agreed. Live and learn, but it all worked out.

Leave a comment:

• RSG
    replied
    Ah I see. Etching is ok if there are not tolerances to be held but if I want a matte finish I'd rather bead or soda blast.

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    Originally posted by RSG View Post
    Nice job!

Doing all the finishing and anodising I do, I can appreciate your finishing skills. The surface finish looks great with that satin bead blasted look.
    I actually thought the anodizer was going to do final surface prep, having no idea other than what I found online. Turns out, after I arrived there, they don't do any bead blasting or tumbling. I previously sanded with 320 grit to get out tooling marks and did not pay any particular attention to the sanding marks. The anodizer said he would hold them in the etch bath a little extra longer to clean up the sanding marks a bit. You can still see them, but they are not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• RSG
    replied
    Nice job!

Doing all the finishing and anodising I do, I can appreciate your finishing skills. The surface finish looks great with that satin bead blasted look.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Amick
    replied

Damn, CNC is sooo cool.

Leave a comment:

• gambler
    replied
    excellent. video and build

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Very elegant. I don't do enough of that stuff now to take the trouble to build one of them, but there was a time when it would have been very handy..

Leave a comment:

• jmm03
    replied
    Beautiful work. Functional and elegant at the same time, sort of old school craftsmanship meets high tech design. On a side note, and not to derail, you mentioned that you build telescopes. Could you suggest a book that I could find to show me how to build an old style tube type, fixed power riflescope? Malcolm style, what would have been used back in the 1800's on Sharps or the early single shots. Thanks, Jim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X