Machine dials, what happens to them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine dials, what happens to them?

My new mill is missing a couple of dials. It seems as for the machine had power feed on the x and y axis. The po must have pulled them off and kept the dials as well.

With as many people parting out machines and listing the parts on eBay I assume dials would be an easy thing to pick up. Well apparently that doesn't seem to be the case. There are new ones to be had and although not too expensive a little more than I planned on paying for a dial. What really got me though is when looking at these new dials they show that there are hundreds of them sold. That got me wondering what keeps happening to all the dials that so many of these are being sold?
    Andy

It has power feed but since the dials are missing I have to assume the machine has DRO's so the po figured they weren't needed and maybe he could get a few bucks for them on fleebay.
    Just my guess. I've seen a lot of perfectly good machines being stripped for parts.

JL.............

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
      It has power feed but since the dials are missing I have to assume the machine has DRO's so the po figured they weren't needed and maybe he could get a few bucks for them on fleebay.
      Just my guess. I've seen a lot of perfectly good machines being stripped for parts.

JL.............
      It did have a DRO. But if that were the case like I originally mentioned there should be all kinds of dials for sale on eBay.
      Andy

Comment

Stuff like that gets tossed at businesses/plants when it’s time to do cleanup. No real reason to keep them around.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt View Post
          There are new ones to be had and although not too expensive a little more than I planned on paying for a dial.

What really got me though is when looking at these new dials they show that there are hundreds of them sold.
          Right! I see that sometimes on ebay. Why so many new dials and where are they being hatched from? China.. Evidentially someone in the States or China saw a need and produced a bunch of new dials. I dont imagine they are NOS. JR

Comment

Working...
          X