Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computers. I six desktops, no laptops. I still forget which computer I am talking to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
    No, not micro-tapes. Mini 30 tapes. Yes, they are different and the mini is rare as the proverbial hens teeth. They are for data, not audio. JR

Still I think you could tap into the read head amp and capture the signal and replay it as a lossless audio format like a FLAC.

Comment

Heck, my study guide for the ham Extra test included a CD-ROM, had to break out a very old, obsolete computer to get the files. Who the heck still uses external rotational media??? Oh, never mind ...

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
        Heck, my study guide for the ham Extra test included a CD-ROM, had to break out a very old, obsolete computer to get the files. Who the heck still uses external rotational media??? Oh, never mind ...
        You were lucky they did not send you a crate of undulator tapes!

Comment

I'll just chime in with been there done that. My milk language is either VMS on VAX or Apollo/Sol . So *BSD before it was fashionable.
          Today it's Linux on the desktop, FreeBSD for speed, OpenBSD to the outside, NetBSD on whatever, Sol on legacy back end, everything else on VM's.

I find myself ssh into , into , into , into finally the machine I'm sitting at wondering who the other two users are...

Lately It's been a far cry from a crap storm so I can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by kopcicle View Post
            I'll just chime in with been there done that. My milk language is either VMS on VAX...
            Now you're talking! VMS is/was the best OS ever created, and don't even try to tell me differently. And DEC's documentation was also the best I've ever seen. I miss that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post

Still I think you could tap into the read head amp and capture the signal and replay it as a lossless audio format like a FLAC.
              Now you got me digging down into the rabbit's hole That in theory sounds doable. I need to take a nap LOL!!! Thanks.. JR

Comment

Working...
              X