Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T: Happy 4th of July you bunch of Yanks. Now lets BBQ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • O/T: Happy 4th of July you bunch of Yanks. Now lets BBQ

    Yeah, more like grilling than BBQ, oh well. You all stay safe and enjoy the day. I know, its the 3rd haha.. JR


    Ribeye steak, scrimp scampi, corn, asparagus and some parm garlic bread. Its not bad...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220703_111117.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	2006947


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220703_125721.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	2006948


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220703_150107.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	2006949


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220703_150720.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	2006950

  • #2
    Mmm mmm looks good send some my way
    And have a happy and safe 4th

    Comment


    • #3
      Have a Happy 4th and be safe everyone!

      Comment


      • #4
        I do all my steaks soudvide now since I like them as rare as I can while being safe. Couple hours at 127 and finish with a torch. So worth it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Call us damn yanks and then call that BBQ, aint that ironic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by epicfail48 View Post
            Call us damn yanks and then call that BBQ, aint that ironic
            Yeah, I know. I screwed up again. Your irony is there, that was not my intention.

            Mine? Food baby.... Its all about how much would you have liked to eat that meal? Freebie by the way, for you. JR

            Comment


            • #7
              Here I am sitting here with a cup of soup as I just got home and you go and show me that. Now I am really hungry.
              Nev.

              Comment


              • #8
                Damn! I'd eat that!
                Ontario, Canada

                Comment


                • #9
                  Happy 4th, you’ll be even happier if you get shot of your present overlords, they look as bad as our assholes, perhaps Elon could send the lot of them to mars
                  mark

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Funny. I grilled the EXACT same thing for Canada Day/Wifes 40th birthday on Friday. 3X1.5" thick ribeyes pulled @125*, corn, shrimp skewers (marinated in peach schnapps, try it ), and asparagus. Corn wasn't very good though. Can't wait till we can get some local sweet corn.

                    I've tried the sous vide thing, and there's no denying it's ability, but I prefer grilling over charcoal/wood chips. Used mesquite and hickory this time. Honestly I can never remember that I actually have a sous vide wand cooker so that's a big reason why I never use it lol.
                    Last edited by Dan Dubeau; 07-04-2022, 10:18 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Have the best day you can seeing how bad things are at the moment in the poor old USA.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by macona View Post
                        I do all my steaks soudvide now since I like them as rare as I can while being safe. Couple hours at 127 and finish with a torch. So worth it.
                        There's no worries with very rare steaks - it's a sealed unit so sear the outside and call it good,,, it's raw hamburger that you have to cook all the way through just to be safe, (but I still don't)

                        Yeah i got me some of those rib-eye's for today, I hope the locals don't have a bunch of fireworks just watch the towns show (if we have one this year - might not due to fire risk) and call it good --- it really gets lame having to deal with all the noise and smoke with tons of little pathetic displays and people leaving all their trash in the streets, also them still lighting stuff off when it's too dry and banned...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Looks good JR, but my teeth would have a fit with the steak,,,, but I could gum it into submission
                          _____________________________________________

                          I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
                          Oregon Coast

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by macona View Post
                            I do all my steaks soudvide now since I like them as rare as I can while being safe. Couple hours at 127 and finish with a torch. So worth it.
                            Yeah, I that also. Mostly for large chunks of meat. Woks great on a Sirloin roast or rib roast. I have done fish, chicken, vegetables and pork, lamb, and beef roasts. JR

                            One of three units. Ploy carb container. Poly Sci heaters. Its all fun.. JR


                            Click image for larger version

Name:	vey.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	2007105

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                              Funny. I grilled the EXACT same thing for Canada Day/Wifes 40th birthday on Friday. 3X1.5" thick ribeyes pulled @125*, corn, shrimp skewers (marinated in peach schnapps, try it ), and asparagus. Corn wasn't very good though. Can't wait till we can get some local sweet corn.

                              I've tried the sous vide thing, and there's no denying it's ability, but I prefer grilling over charcoal/wood chips. Used mesquite and hickory this time. Honestly I can never remember that I actually have a sous vide wand cooker so that's a big reason why I never use it lol.
                              I like that! We do all think the same at the end huh? Umm? I never got an invite, knowing that I can cook? Hahaaa. I like your roll.. JR

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X