Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Anybody using a samsung z flip 3 phone? Do you like it or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Anybody using a samsung z flip 3 phone? Do you like it or not?

And, if not, why not?

I'm considering it, simply because it is small enough to put in a pocket, and it looks impossible to "butt-dial", at least when it is folded. Because it folds, it looks like I might not be so likely to damage it.

Basically looking for any user comments.

Did you get a case for it? If not, has it been dropped without damage?

CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

I know nothing about that phone, but am a big fan of cases. I have had at least three cell phones now, the last two with the breakable front, and the case has protected them while keeping them easily available on my belt.

If you get a case, I do recommend wearing it on your belt. And do be sure that the case has a belt hook that is both secure and fairly easy to remove without taking the belt off. I do not like the simple belt clips that can ride up and fall off.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

The whole point of that one to me is that it can actually go in a pocket, which the average smart phone does not really do. The specific model folds up into a small package, with the main screen totally enclosed. There is a small exterior one, dunno about that one.

Yes, I know many do keep them in a pocket, but that is the smaller ones and even then people find there are compromises.

Anything on the belt would die a tough death. Stuff in my pocket has it tough enough.

I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.

Comment

I have one that I carry everyday for 5 months now. I love it. It fits in a pocket perfectly. I dropped mine only one time on a concrete floor from waist height. Didn't even leave a mark on it. The reviews said battery life wasn't great. I have not found that to be true at all. Mine easily goes two days without a charge.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Thanks..... I was concerned about those two things... battery and durability.

I take it that you do not use a case over yours?

Comment

No case. The other thing that is really convenient is you can set the phone on a table for instance and film something. The hinge holds the phone
            at what ever angle you bend it to. A built in stand for it.
            Last edited by Black Forest; 07-19-2022, 10:23 AM.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
            X