Moving an 8000 lb tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving an 8000 lb tractor

I think a dual axel 16' deck trailer from Sunbelt and my friends F350 should do the trick. Get some chains and chain synches.
    The tractor is a 1966 Case 430 Construction King backhoe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220724-231634~2.png
Views:	569
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	2009935 Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1074726656792440.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	2009936

Probably won’t fit on a 16’ deck with loader and backhoe

Comment

Originally posted by Captain K View Post
      Probably won’t fit on a 16’ deck with loader and backhoe
      Is that 10,000 GVWR?

Comment

I mean it probably won’t physically fit on the trailer. And it says under 10k. I’m thinking a 20 or 22 foot 14k trailer is probably a better choice

Comment

Originally posted by Captain K View Post
          I mean it probably won’t physically fit on the trailer. And it says under 10k. I’m thinking a 20 or 22 foot 14k trailer is probably a better choice
          +1 from experience,20ft minimum, and a gooseneck trailer would be a better choice.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

The pic of trailer looks like 6 bolt wheels,14000lb have 8 bolt wheels.As been mentioned a 20’ would be needed.I’ve hauled my 9000lb forklift on my 20’ 14000lb bumper pull trailer,F-350 would be adequate.

Comment

I would be inclined to engage someone with a real truck....

Comment

Some backhoes wont fit between the fenders. I would say a 14K deck over preferably gooseneck.

Comment

This fellow could probably handle it for you...

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    I think a dual axel 16' deck trailer from Sunbelt and my friends F350 should do the trick. "Get me a Beer"
                    What the heck is up with you? You are online too much (not flying) and talking about farm implements. Now look at you, you have a nice tractor. I like it,,

U-Haul does trailers. One way.

Are going to start growing beets or some other odd vegetable?? Cause if so.. I will stay tuned in...JR

Comment

If the distance is less than 50 miles, drive the tractor. No worries about overloading the trailer or whether or not the tractor will even fit. No chance of a load shift dropping the tractor onto the ground. It also will probably take the same amount of time to get the tractor to where you want it as loading and properly chaining the tractor, then reversing the operation at the other end isn't isn't instantaneous. Also no worries about the DOT fining you for overloading or improper tie downs.

I've done the load and haul for a smaller tractor and I've done the drive (100 miles one time).

Comment

+1 on longer, heavier trailer. Backhoes are LONG with both buckets lowered to the deck.

Son and I made a day trip to pick up OUR new Case 1175 last week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4F5AA0C3-8562-420B-B0B8-F913850919A6.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	2009963

Tractor was built around 78’, bought it from son of the guy who bought it new. I’ve always liked the look of these Cases but it’s the first one on the farm. During haying season we run out of mid size tractors to do anything else with, so I’m kinda excited to fix a few details and put it to work.

Comment

Axels are for figure skaters.

-D
                          DZER

Comment

Apologies if you already know this, but there should be a transit locking pin which locks the backhoe arm in the straight position. Make sure this is in place when its being hauled. Thers been more than one accident where a backhoe arm swung out on a corner and hit a vehicle coming the other way.
                            'It may not always be the best policy to do what is best technically, but those responsible for policy can never form a right judgement without knowledge of what is right technically' - 'Dutch' Kindelberger

Comment

Ok, Sunbelt limits their trailers to 6500 lbs. I found a 7x22ft 14,000 lb trailer tilt back for 100$ for the day.
                              I'm not farming with this, although it is based on the Case 430 farm tractor, it clearly looks like an older farm tractor, the CK designates it as a industrial tractor and has the subframe mounted loader and backhoe, case model 23 attached, no 3 point. Front PTO drives the big hydraulic pump. I bought all the service manuals, parts catalogs to it. I love tractors from the 1960's, all were designed to be worked on and endlessly rebuilt to last forever. Engine has bore sleeves, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X