No announcement yet.

motor frame dimensions for 2hp flange mount 3phase electric motor in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thread does not make sense to me. Are you building the machine without a motor, sending it to the USA, and the recipient adding a USA sourced motor? VFD's commonly run motors wired in delta at 220V, and that is used both sides of the pond.

Comment

Importing motors into the EU from non EU countries is quite a hassle. I ordered 4 vacuum pumps with electric motors from China last year and they were already boxed at the port warehouse to be loaded on the ship. When I handed the documents to a agent to deal with customs, the lack of the latest CE certification which included the motor's efficiency, we had to ask the Chinese factory to open the crates to remove the motors and send the pumps without them. Since there was no electrical equipment now, they were handled as mechanical equipment and no special certificates were needed.

I guess this could happen also if he tries to send some self made equipment through US customs.
      Helder Ferreira
      Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
        Your thread does not make sense to me. Are you building the machine without a motor, sending it to the USA, and the recipient adding a USA sourced motor? VFD's commonly run motors wired in delta at 220V, and that is used both sides of the pond.
        I was asking about the mounting face for the motor. Others have answered that it is called a C face mount. The dimensions for the C mount are needed in order to machine the motor mount so to me it makes perfect sense. Also motors here come in many varieties not just 220v. If the motor is a 220/380 3phase motor that would get wired star with 220v to each leg. If it is only marked 400v on the name plate then it would be wired Delta. So what you wrote is not correct and so that doesn't make sense to me!

Also no I am not going to have him source the motor and VFD. I want to send a completed belt grinder to him. Not something he has to spend money on to use. That would be very inappropriate to me.
        Last edited by Black Forest; 07-29-2022, 11:25 AM.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I'd recommend driveswarehouse.com. I have had a number of Hitachi WJ200 vfd's and they've always been good. They also sell motors.

If you are building the whole thing, why make such a big deal about the motor frame size? I had previously purchased a metric motor for my RF45 and a matching 240 single phase to 3 phase vfs for pong ago and it worked great and was cheaper than the nema motors. I don't recall the vendor but they were on ebay and this was 15+ years ago.

​​Also, ​can I be your friend too? That's awfully kind of you to build a belt grinder for a friend. I am looking to build one of my own for home and recently picked up a burr king for work and have been thinking about them a lot lately. 🤣
          -paul

Comment

this may be of help: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/n...ns-d_1504.html You have probably considered a DC solution I assume? Sourcing a motor in the US and shipping it separately to your friend could be an option I suppose. Jim

Comment

You are going to have to find out from him what his options are for the power supply, and make sure the machine is compatible. Buy the motor from a German source.

This firm sells pretty much all the options of VFD's and motors and are happy to give advice. Inverter Supermarket

Low prices on large stock of Variable Speed Drives, AC and DC Electric Motors, Gearboxes, Soft Starters, DOL Starters, Control Gear and more.
              Low prices on large stock of Variable Speed Drives, AC and DC Electric Motors, Gearboxes, Soft Starters, DOL Starters, Control Gear and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                I am building a 2 x 72 belt grinder as a present for a friend in USA.
                Can I be a friend of yours?

Comment

Dont have much input on where to buy from, but i wanna chime in and say that for a belt grinder, make sure that you source a TEFC motor. Open motors on belt grinders dont tend to survive very long, ask me how i know...

Comment

He is going to need to source both a motor and VFD in (50 Hz) Germany, mount and wire to send to his friend in USA. Our US single phase is 230 volts off two hot wires, German 230 volts has one hot and one wire grounded called a neutral. It will work fine on US 230 volts single phase. Germany - Power plug, socket & mains voltage in Germany (worldstandards.eu)
                    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

Comment

Working...
                    X