SCHOOL AUCTION Lathe, welders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCHOOL AUCTION Lathe, welders

DoBid.com has a sale in Virginia Mn. Dont know if anyone is interested but here it is. Welders, wood and metal lathes and lots of other stuff

It seems that is not a valid website? Google says that isn't an indexed website, so it most likely is not an auction site, and it is a risky click that could contain malware. You need to be careful with typos that may take people to malware.

As for auctions, it is tricky. There are so many auctions, every week. Often locals or members will be well aware and hope to get a decent deal on some machine. But when they get posted, often the attention or a dealer spoils that.

I found a great 10ee down south at auction a few years ago, did quite a bit of homework, and found and motivated an hsm member in that area get an amazing deal on a university lab machine in amazing condition. If someone had posted it, none of us would have gotten it because a dealer would have snatched it at a much higher price.

Comment

Ok, maybe I put it down wrong. Try Do-Bid.com. Dont know what problem you have with buying. I have used this site regularly for about 3 years now with no trouble. This site ships some items from place to place in Minnesota.

Comment

I used to go to the borough auctions regularly- unfortunately, I never had the money for anything major, but as the schools and maintenance shops cleared out old equipment, over the years there was a ton of metal lathes, a couple milling machines, a bunch of drill presses, bench grinders, belt grinders, welders, etc.

One year I went with the express intention of getting a listed surface grinder. But some guy had come down and basically bought every machine tool. Jointers, a bandsaw, grinders, a lathe, etc.

As I was helping a buddy load up, I saw that the guy had a truck and trailer- absolutely full. The trailer was basically on the bumpstops, and the truck was down on it's overload springs.

... And the surface grinder was still sitting there on the pallet.

I walked over and said something like "that your grinder?" And he immediately said "Yeah, you want it?"

He clearly knew he had no more room for it. I forget the exact number, but he gave it to me at like $100 over his bid price, which made it about $400 or so. I found out later the big cast-iron base had been sold in another lot, and through the auctioneer, I was able to chase that down- cost me another $150- and got that home too.

Nowadays the auction is also done on the fly, online, and I haven't seen a good tool pass through in a long time.

Doc.
        Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Probably not many people living around Virginia. Dont blame them its colder than a witches tit up there.

Comment

Originally posted by welderskelter View Post
            Probably not many people living around Virginia. Dont blame them its colder than a witches tit up there.
            If it's cold there, I wonder how I'll do in Northern Maine this fall. I'm closer to Nova Scotia than Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by welderskelter View Post
              Ok, maybe I put it down wrong. Try Do-Bid.com. Dont know what problem you have with buying. I have used this site regularly for about 3 years now with no trouble. This site ships some items from place to place in Minnesota.
              There is an auction site called Bidadoo Auctions. Maybe that's it?
              Kansas City area

Comment

do-bid.com is correct.

CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
                X