No announcement yet.

Farm shop made tools etc. pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently there are my wife's two uncles as pictured and her brother who own a 1/4 section each. I don't recall exactly but between them and my wife's father they had about 2 1/2 or three sections altogether. I think the homestead act here allowed you to claim up to a section per person. That's a lot of dirt, especially when it's all in brush and rocks that you have to clear. Ian has been picking many tons of rocks off the land every year since they started and every year more grow out of the ground. It is finally not as bad he tells me and the remaining fields are pretty good.

I don't know the details of the shop construction but knowing Ian you can believe it is well made. When he complained about the rigidity of the wood lathe I just laughed. It's made from a couple of frame beams from a mobile home chassis. His main anvil is outside because it is too heavy to bring in the shop. It's a piece of I beam with foot wide flanges and a 36 inch web four feet long. It probably weighs as much as a small car.
    Last edited by Evan; 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Ian has been picking many tons of rocks off the land every year since they started and every year more grow out of the ground.
      LOL... Funny thing about them rocks. I get a new crop every year. They might be alien space craft though--Seem to pop out of nowwhere. We don't get the freeze/thaw cycles you guys get up North.

Comment

Finaly, and I was told it wasn't possible. You managed to get a picture of heaven. Wonderful, now I can't wait to get there.

Comment

Working...
        X