Chicom press finally grows up but doesn't leave home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy View Post
    Nice addition to make it actually functional and user friendly.
    It was the first thing I did when I got mine many moons ago..
    Why on earth do they make them that height in the first place?
    Too short to use comfortably unless seated on a short stool and way too high to place on a bench unless standing on a step ladder.
    Not too hard to understand, avg height of Chinese man is 5'7", Vietnam 5'5". So where do you draw the how high line? Also side U channels are just under 5 feet, making four out of a 20 footer. Probably has more to do with that than anything else, no waste of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post

How so?

Chicom

noun

Chi·​com | \ ˈchī¦käm \
      plural -s Definition of Chicom

: a communist Chinese History and Etymology for Chicom

chi(nese) + communist
      They probably have definitions of all kinds of racist epithets. "Chicom" is about as politically acceptable as "gook".

metalmagpie

Comment

Originally posted by metalmagpie View Post

They probably have definitions of all kinds of racist epithets. "Chicom" is about as politically acceptable as "gook".

metalmagpie
        Are you deranged? You should really think about these things, do a little research before you start calling people you don't know racists. Chicom, as the dictionary says is short for Chinese Communist. Gook is like the N word. FYI I have been to China four times, I have a Chinese Godchild from one of my many friends in China, I fly a Chinese Communist aircraft that I specifically went to China to purchase. Ended up importing them and supporting them. I have nothing but the highest respect for the Chinese people and their struggle for independence and a decent life. You couldn't be more wrong.

Same dictionary:
        gook

noun (1)

\ ˈgük \ Definition of gook

(Entry 1 of 2)

offensive
        —used as an insulting and contemptuous term for a nonwhite, non-American person and especially for an Asian person

Comment

Working...
        X