Lawn tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn tractor

Neighbor has a hydrostatic Husqvarna LT that has no speed forward but goes fast backwards. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Turn the seat around.
    Kansas City area

Comment

First identify the hydrostatic transmission and find a service manual. Most of these have a cam that the pedals or lever operates for forward and reverse. If that's not the issue, it's internal..

Comment

Those are dead simple, I’ve seen thousands built. It is either the lever attached to the awash plate has moved to bias all to reverse or, if equipped, the forward direction high pressure relief is stuck open

Comment

Originally posted by Proudpappy View Post
          Neighbor has a hydrostatic Husqvarna LT that has no speed forward but goes fast backwards. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
          Has the engine been replaced? A friend of mine asked me to make him an adapter to put a different motor in a big mower. He got it together and figured out that the motor needed to drive from the other end. It went like hell in reverse but slow in forward and the blades ran backwards as I recall. He later took it to an auction and sold it. I'll bet someone was pretty surprised when they got it running.
          OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Bmyers View Post
            Those are dead simple, I’ve seen thousands built. It is either the lever attached to the awash plate has moved to bias all to reverse or, if equipped, the forward direction high pressure relief is stuck open
            I would listen to this man. I have tried to separate and fix one of these types. I lost. JR

Comment

Hey bborr01, your friend sounds like a real POS.

Comment

New problem or has it always acted this way? If it is a new problem, look to the linkage for a bolt that has worked loose and allowed the linkage to slip.

Comment

A long shot but,,, Did he change the drive belt? Put a twist in it?

Comment

To RMinMN and I make chips, not sure. I'll check it out, thanks.

Comment

Reminds me of the story about a guy who put a marine 350 Chevy engine
                      into his mid size Chevy sedan. Got the motor swap done and the car
                      had 4 reverse gears and 1 forward gear. He ended up flipping the rear
                      end over to make it drive properly.

-Doozer
                      DZER

Comment

Reminds me of the story a old boss of mine told. When three phase electric power came to the area many years ago they put in a concrete base to mount the motor for a machine. When they started the motor it ran the wrong way. Since the motor only had three wires coming out they could not figure out how to reverse it so they finally poured another base and reversed the motor. When they mounted the motor on the new base they reversed two of the wires and the motor still ran the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by GordonL View Post
                          Reminds me of the story a old boss of mine told. When three phase electric power came to the area many years ago they put in a concrete base to mount the motor for a machine. When they started the motor it ran the wrong way. Since the motor only had three wires coming out they could not figure out how to reverse it so they finally poured another base and reversed the motor. When they mounted the motor on the new base they reversed two of the wires and the motor still ran the wrong way.
                          They weren't named "Curly, Larry, and Moe," were they?
                          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
                            A long shot but,,, Did he change the drive belt? Put a twist in it?
                            Would not be the first time someone decided a wrong belt needed to be "shortened up", and put a twist in it.
                            S E Michigan

Comment

Hey bborr01, your friend sounds like a real POS.
                              I wouldn't go that far but he has been burned at auctions before too. He asked me "why do you think most of the stuff in auctions is in auctions?" He does have a point and buyer beware. I bought a dozen brand new oil cans at a big auction house and none of them worked. He probably got less for the entire thing than the engine was worth. It was pretty obvious that it wasn't a stock machine.
                              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X