Taper Attachment guide clamping bracket for Hendey 12x30 gearhead lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taper Attachment guide clamping bracket for Hendey 12x30 gearhead lathe

One of the items missing from the purchase of my Hendey 12x30 gearhead was the clamp bracket for the taper attachment. Hendeyman was kind enough to provide some prints of the original bracket and I drew up and 3D printed a prototype to guide the build. This proved to be extremely helpful in its final milling. I also made some brass way wipers to keep the swarf from getting under the clamp. The square headed clamping bolt was made to match all the other bolt heads on the taper attachment.
    Now my taper attachment is fully operational.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3200 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	2019568 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3191.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.4 KB ID:	2019569 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3194.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	2019570

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3192.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	2019571 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3195.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	2019572

I also have prints for an adjustable carriage stop and that my be my next project.
    Last edited by skipd1; 10-02-2022, 05:38 PM.

That turned out nice!

Comment

I like how it is slotted to drop on the threaded rod.
      I might steal that idea, as I need to make a clamp
      for my 17" Colchester tapper att.

-D
      DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-D
        The original Hendey print had the slotted clamp so I just copied it.

Comment

Very cool, someday when I outgrow the 10" Logan I'm going to look for a Hendey. Does yours have the reversing lever for threading?

Comment

Originally posted by Tillie's in a bottle View Post
            Very cool, someday when I outgrow the 10" Logan I'm going to look for a Hendey. Does yours have the reversing lever for threading?
            Yes it does, and it also has a quick retract mechanism on the cross slide for threading.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-D
              About 55 years ago, as a young apprentice, I was assigned a job of making a replacement clamp for a pretty new Monarch 10EE. They also had the rod hole slotted.
              Sarge41

Comment

Originally posted by skipd1 View Post
                Yes it does, and it also has a quick retract mechanism on the cross slide for threading.
                Ah, the mark of a true Tool-room Lathe !

Rich
                Green Bay, WI

Comment

Originally posted by skipd1 View Post
                  One of the items missing from the purchase of my Hendey 12x30 gearhead Hendeyman was kind enough to provide some prints of the original bracket and I drew up and 3D printed a prototype to guide the build.

I also have prints for an adjustable carriage stop and that my be my next project.
                  You Sir are an underachiever

First off, I like some lathes. The Hendy is one.

That you got the prints, decoded them to work with a plastic sprayer is over my head. I couldn't do it. To put it, the blank on my mill bed would overrun that cost. I like the additive process. Some dont, oh well.

Now a new part huh? I am watching. Very nice. JR

Comment

Working...
                  X