Machinist n Cars ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machinist n Cars ?

I think alot of posters on this site have some interest Cars behind all those Machines. We have seen some of them, let's see them all ??

Mine is a 1980 280 ZX 10th anniversary edition.
    Limited production, only 2,000 were made.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230123_131113.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	2033439

No let's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasturn View Post
      I think alot of posters on this site have some interest Cars behind all those Machines. We have seen some of them, let's see them all ??

Mine is a 1980 280 ZX 10th anniversary edition.
      Limited production, only 2,000 were made.

Click image for larger version Name:	20230123_131113.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	2033439
      Nice. Is it original, gone through? Repainted?

Comment

Very nice, I am pretty fond of the z cars.

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post

Nice. Is it original, gone through? Repainted?
          Sid- Its has not been touched. I bought it in 1980 after my Corvette was stolen. 72,000 miles. Need to redo the leather seats, but that's all. Thanks for looking !!

Comment

A contemporary and race rival of rhe earlier Z cars--a 74 Triumph TR6. A lot of shop made parts in it.

more pics: http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-125/TR6-125.html

Ed

For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

I was in and around Japan in the early 1970’s. The “z” cars were sold a “Fairlady” and were marketed to women drivers. No Japanese man would drive one. I am rather fond of lumpy practical autos like the ‘38 Dodge sedan and truck, and my current towncar, a 1957 Beardmore, London Taxi. I put the wife in the back and close the glass partition. Some of you will curse him. British car enthusiasts refer him as “Lucas: Prince of Darkness” Click image for larger version

Name:	1FA8B5D3-56BF-4D6C-9D73-4E0B7DAE3DA7.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	475.2 KB
ID:	2033488 Click image for larger version

Name:	F2C67694-E971-465A-881D-E089ACB69BE4.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	2033487

Comment

Here's a picture of my '66 Barracuda on our way back to Oregon from driving part of Route 66.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_0430Roadtrip20100114.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	2033491

Comment

I've shown this before... A 1966 Ford F-100, purchased as the second owner in Whitefish, MT in 1984. I sold it to a friend a few years later, only to have my then girlfriend buy it back. Been storing the thing ever since.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171001_173401.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	2033538

The body had no rust holes but there was a lot of worn paint and surface rust, so I painted it in 1991. It's pretty much all stock. I reupholstered the seat a while back (just poked a hole in it last year) and the engine got its second rebuild about 14 years ago. The front bumper, grill, and driver side fender were replaced a few years back after an accident. These days you can buy almost anything for the truck. Other than the seat, the interior remains untouched, with the original paint.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	611.jpg Views:	0 Size:	786.4 KB ID:	2033539
                  George
                  Traverse City, MI

Comment

George - that's a beauty ! My Dad was a plastering contractor in the 60's. I would help him in the Summer and drove that truck to work. He killed Dodges and Chevys, but the Ford was a beast !! Still a good looking truck !!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171001_173401.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	2033543

Comment

Originally posted by Fasturn View Post
                      George - that's a beauty ! My Dad was a plastering contractor in the 60's. I would help him in the Summer and drove that truck to work. He killed Dodges and Chevys, but the Ford was a beast !! Still a good looking truck !!
                      Beast is a good description. It's not overpowered with the original 240 straight six but is geared like a tractor. The original owner bought it to use with a bed-mounted camper and ordered a beefier suspension and a Dana 60 rear end with posi.
                      George
                      Traverse City, MI

Comment

My 1916 RFC (Red Ford Convertible)

Be_Zero_Be
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        You Never Used To Be Older

Comment

Originally posted by Ironbearmarine View Post
                          I was in and around Japan in the early 1970’s. The “z” cars were sold a “Fairlady”
                          The Z cars used the Fairlady name in Japan through the mid 90s.

I’m not sure if they continued it with the 350z/370z.

Comment

Here is my 63 sting ray. 327/340 4 speed
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by George Bulliss View Post
                              I've shown this before... A 1966 Ford F-100, purchased as the second owner in Whitefish, MT in 1984. I sold it to a friend a few years later, only to have my then girlfriend buy it back. Been storing the thing ever since.
                              Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171001_173401.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	2033538

The body had no rust holes but there was a lot of worn paint and surface rust, so I painted it in 1991. It's pretty much all stock. I reupholstered the seat a while back (just poked a hole in it last year) and the engine got its second rebuild about 14 years ago. The front bumper, grill, and driver side fender were replaced a few years back after an accident. These days you can buy almost anything for the truck. Other than the seat, the interior remains untouched, with the original paint.
                              Click image for larger version Name:	611.jpg Views:	0 Size:	786.4 KB ID:	2033539
                              IIRC the chrome grill was an option, the stock grill was white paint. Love the simple dashboard compared to today's' 747-inspired offerings.

Comment

Working...
                              X