Free Power Hacksaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Power Hacksaw

I have to get rid of the power hacksaw pictured in my first post in this thread ( http://www.homeshopmachinist.net/bbs...28&postcount=1 )

Supposedly, the forum allows you to e-mail me directly by viewing my public profile.

It's free for the taking, but you've got to pick it up. It's a mess, and has no motor, or motor mounts, but it's free!

E-mail me, I don't want to scrap it if someone wants it - but don't delay, sometime in the next few weeks I'm going to need the storage space it's in.

deleted deleted
    Last edited by Leigh; 07-17-2006, 07:22 AM.
    Leigh
    The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
    of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

Dan, your location would be of benefit to anyone interested.
      John B

Comment

In the linked thread...in my last post...I mentioned that I'm near the 57 and 91 freeways in Southern California.

Also, if you read the linked thread fully, you'll see that C-Ross of this board is familiar with the grime found on the machine - that of sitting around in a dirty, oily environment for many (20+) years without being touched - and may be able to offer tips or consolation should you choose to undertake a cleaning. Ross was the one who picked up that little horizontal mill I gave away back at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Darn, Too bad I live in Illinois! Could never pass up a free tool.
          "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Comment

I knew a girl like that once.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

"I knew a girl like that once." lol

Comment

Evan,

Are you referring to girl who sat "around in a dirty, oily environment for many (20+) years without being touched", or who "could never pass up a free tool"?

applescotty

Comment

She was a tool "collector".
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Sorry Dan, again a case of engaging mouth prior to engaging brain.
                    John B

Comment

I'll keep this thread active for a while, in case someone who doesn't visit the forum all the time comes along.

Comment

Out of interest , how did C Ross make out with the horizontal mill,up and running?

Comment

last I heard, he had it painted and was preparing to begin re-assembly after making a few other parts - but then he had to go on a vacation or other trip and thus is on hold for a while - into August I think?

it's looking really good compared to how it looked when it left here.

Comment

no one is interested in this? I realize it's dirty - not by my choice...but it *is* free.

Comment

I'd be glad to take it off your hands but I'm tied up for the next week or so. After that, I've got some free time. Drop me a line if that works for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X