OT/China now owns MG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT/China now owns MG

Just doesn't seem right but it'll be good to see the old name back on the road.
    http://news.en.autos.sympatico.msn.c...umentid=669254
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Yeah, what's the name of the new plant they are opening in Oklahoma? Better get used to it.

Comment

Going by reports in the UK media, nothing serious has yet been signed as far as the proposed Oklahoma plant is concerned, & they're talking of about 350 UK employees to begin with. We'll see.

Tim

Comment

Wonder if they'll build a new MG Loadster...

Ian
        All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

'Bout time they brought a three tonner out

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I thought they had owned MG for quite a while.

So is Lucas electric now a chinese company too? Is it even humid enough in China for an MG's electrical system to work?

My old MG had wires for the fuel pump run alongside the outside of the car on the passenger side. I was in the drivethru at a restraunt when the wire decided to short out and burn up, so I had to make a quick fix. Yes, I had a big spool of wire in that car...you are crazy not to!

Comment

I guess this is proof that the chinese aren't smarter

Now that they have some money, its time they start making bad investments like everyone else.
              James Kilroy

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see how all of this unfolds! I kind-of wonder what the public reception is going to be...
                Why buy it for $2 when you can make it for $20

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what they do!
                  It would be nice to see some modern sports cars with styling cues from the MG classics, they could sell boatloads if the bean-counters let them play.
                  Rover nee-Leyland already tried nailing an MG badge to any old pile of dung and clearly proved;
                  (a) some people will buy anything with an MG badge.
                  and
                  (b) you can't polish a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic9r
                    you can't polish a turd.
                    Actually you can! But a shiny turd is still a turd!
                    Why buy it for $2 when you can make it for $20

Comment

Well they can't possibly screw it up any worse

Can the Chinese take a crappy car and make it even more craptacular,that is the real question.

As for Lucas,will someone please burn the factory down and save the world from evil once and for all?
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Weird,
                        You are going to have to do this.
                        Lucas was split off some years ago. The Aerospace division was incorporated into Airbus and the Automotive side was sold of to some poor unsuspecting chump, The USA

You now own Lucas.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Well, I am interested to see what they come up with. I had two Morris Minuses, an MGA and my wife and I had a 67 MGB as a daily driver early in our marriage. My wife (and I ) still wish we still had that car. We had a custom hard top for it. I have a photo somewhere. Maybe I will look it up but that could waste a couple of hours looking through old pictures. Maybe not.
                          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
                            more craptacular

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LMAO
                            Words like that...you would fit in around my home town a little too well.
                            They'd prolly make you the mayor
                            I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Originally posted by torker
                              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LMAO
                              Words like that...you would fit in around my home town a little too well.
                              They'd prolly make you the mayor
                              F---ing Lucas crap,they were/are the scourge of the automotive industry.

Voltage regulators,the only difference between a Lucas voltage reg and a toaster oven are the 15 extra wires on the reg,other than that they make fabulous toast,once.

"Positive earth",not anymore,I just trash canned the voltage reg and swaped cables so kiss my arse prependicular Mr Lucas

Possibly the most usless waste of time I ever witnessed was a girl I knew who had a MG rag top and actually bothered to lock the doors.This action was silly for two reasons-
                              #1 Breaking in requires nothing more than a sharp pen knife.
                              and #2 Why would anybody want to steel that POS car?If they were desperate and needed a lift to the hospital they wouldn't make it.

And finally,someone tried to sell me an MG once,I asked them where was the one for the other foot
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X