Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flywheels yet again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    With a statement like this "The gyroscope is locked to the universe" nobody else had too...
    This is another reading comprehension issue. There is nothing in that statement that implies that a gyro seeks out a particular orientation in the universe.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
      This is another reading comprehension issue. There is nothing in that statement that implies that a gyro seeks out a particular orientation in the universe.

      Oh is it? well then it appears some others have the same problem i do lol get real...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

        Oh is it? well then it appears some others have the same problem i do lol get real...
        There would be some validity to your argument if you had not repeatedly posted your misinterpretation. It's more likely you are the source of other people's misinterpretations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post

          There would be some validity to your argument if you had not repeatedly posted your misinterpretation. It's more likely you are the source of other people's misinterpretations.
          You might have a point if someone else did not already "beat me to it" lol There was a valid reason for that, again --- you seem to be pretty intent on keeping this going for a guy who wants to drop it...

          im done, Like I said - if it spirals out of control again then enjoy the misinformation or police it your freaking self...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
            You might have a point if someone else did not already "beat me to it" lol There was a valid reason for that, again --- you seem to be pretty intent on keeping this going for a guy who wants to drop it...
            Once again, you've attributed a statement to me that I didn't make. Is this intentional, or do you really have a reading comprehension problem?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
              Once again, you've attributed a statement to me that I didn't make. Is this intentional, or do you really have a reading comprehension problem?
              Absolutely intentional ---- You cannot seem to connect the dots - you tried to dispute it this morning again and actually sided with how it kinda makes sense in a way that the gyro locks onto the universe lol
              I then brought up that the physics you go by are outdated "old news" that is no longer relevant, so you seemed to not want to talk about the facts anymore - and just wanted to be an insipient whiner about other things - so yeah I made what was called an assessment and it's proving to be spot on so far...
              For a guy who seems to want to drop talking about the facts you still seem pretty intent on keeping this whole thing going in one way or another... deal with that statement K? thanks - once again glad we had this little chat lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                Absolutely intentional ---- You cannot seem to connect the dots - you tried to dispute it this morning again and actually sided with how it kinda makes sense in a way that the gyro locks onto the universe lol
                I then brought up that the physics you go by are outdated "old news" that is no longer relevant, so you seemed to not want to talk about the facts anymore - and just wanted to be an insipient whiner about other things - so yeah I made what was called an assessment and it's proving to be spot on so far...
                For a guy who seems to want to drop talking about the facts you still seem pretty intent on keeping this whole thing going in one way or another... deal with that statement K? thanks - once again glad we had this little chat lol
                I can't even make sense of this word salad. You're misquoting me because I can't connect the dots??? Brilliant.

                Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                ... the physics you go by are outdated "old news" that is no longer relevant ...
                My reference is "Gravitation" by Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler. General relativity may be "old news", but it is hardly irrelevant.

                Here is a section (p 1117) from my reference, with the relevant part being:

                "As the gyroscope moves, it carries with itself an orthonormal frame ... The basis vectors [ ] of the comoving frame are not Fermi-Walker transported, by contrast with the spin. Rather, they are tied by a pure boost (no rotation) to the PPN coordinate system, which in turn is tied to an inertial frame far from the solar system, which in turn one expects to be fixed relative to the 'distant stars.' Thus, by calculating the precession of the spin relative to the comoving frame [ ] one is in effect evaluating the spin's angular velocity of precession [ ] relative to a frame fixed on the sky by the distant stars."

                An undisturbed gyroscope has zero precession, therefore its spin (axis of rotation) is fixed to the distant stars.

                Click image for larger version  Name:	Gyros 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	268.1 KB ID:	2048110
                Last edited by tomato coupe; 05-15-2023, 02:40 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
                  I can't even make sense of this word salad. You're misquoting me because I can't connect the dots??? Brilliant.
                  No misquoting you on anything - it was an assessment on behavioral patterns, got it? lol

                  My reference is "Gravitation" by Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler. General relativity may be "old news", but it is hardly irrelevant.



                  Oh yes --- and don't forget Mach's which "principles" pretty much dominated that rubble you wanted me to read...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                    Oh yes --- and don't forget Mach's which "principles" pretty much dominated that rubble you wanted me to read...
                    You missed the forest for the trees.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
                      You missed the forest for the trees.
                      Einstein later abandoned the principle when it was realized that inertia is implicit in the geodesic equation of motion and need not depend on the existence of matter elsewhere in the universe.​


                      There may very well be "influence" but again you don't need to look for distant stars for that - we have that right in our own backyard...



                      Every chunk out there has influence, and you don't need a gyro for that - every chunk out there is creating an attraction force to all the others...

                      Technically - there is no "locking onto" this - as most all are expanding at an incredible rate, and if your going to include the "stars" in this - you will have to include ours....
                      Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 05-15-2023, 03:09 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                        Einstein later abandoned the principle when it was realized that inertia is implicit in the geodesic equation of motion and need not depend on the existence of matter elsewhere in the universe.​
                        Mach's Principle was a rather vague concept that functioned as a stepping stone in the early development of general relativity. You're tossing into the mix without understanding it.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
                          Mach's Principle was a rather vague concept that functioned as a stepping stone in the early development of general relativity. You're tossing into the mix without understanding it.
                          No im really not knocking it TC, look how long Albert used it because in allot of ways it fits into making the bigger picture work...

                          I think this is a constantly evolving subject - in fact you can gather the best of the best and allot of them will disagree with the finer details for sure...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                            I think this is a constantly evolving subject - in fact you can gather the best of the best and allot of them will disagree with the finer details for sure...
                            What's evolving? The equations of motion of a gyroscope? General relativity? I'm going to say that's a hard no on both of those subjects.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
                              What's evolving? The equations of motion of a gyroscope? General relativity? I'm going to say that's a hard no on both of those subjects.
                              Our overall concept of the universe...

                              You will get a very different take on that as it's not only still evolving - but it's in dispute even amongst the experts, now give them all about a decade and get back to me... I don't believe it's going to get any simpler in fact even more theories will abound, some of the "new discoveries" will effect current ones...

                              Whoever "designed" this place sure did not want to layout a cut and dry blueprint,,, lol
                              Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 05-15-2023, 04:28 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
                                You missed the forest for the trees.
                                I sometimes miss the Earth for a speck of dust.
                                ...This allows me to argue incessantly, gain limited knowledge, and feel better about my overwhelmingly superior brainynesstitude.
                                Location: North Central Texas

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎