Anyone own this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own this?

I have an old surface grinder that I've babied along for many years but is finally dying and a painful death it is.

I was wondering if anyone had one of these or another machine I could pick up in the states at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
    Rob Dee

Yep, I have one. Now what was the name on it? I forgot.

Comment

Your query is pretty vague, to put it mildly.

There is no shortage of used machinery dealers in the U.S. Some areas of the country are better-supplied in that regard than others, however.

Here in the Northeast I'd probably try Plaza Machinery www.plazamachinery.com or Brothers Machinery www.brothersmachinery.com (usual disclaimers).
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

oops!!

Sorry,
        forgot to add the link!
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Comment

Been there ,done that.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF
            Been there ,done that.

Ever done this?

Comment

Hey I remeber those giant gag penciles!
              Ignorance is curable through education.

Comment

Nope and prol'y never will.

Originally posted by RobDee
                Ever done this?

Shrader valves are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF

Shrader valves are cheap.
                  It's not a shrader valve. It's a balance staff sitting on a standard pencil eraser. You can't buy one. It's a one of a kind, not at all cheap.

And prolly or "prol'y" isn't a word regardless how many infants mumble it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobDee
                    And prolly or "prol'y" isn't a word regardless how many infants mumble it.
                    Oh-oh. Flame alert!

We try to tolerate some irregular english spelling, grammar and punctuation here. Some of us ain't completed our English majors yet. Others don't care.
                    Not defending IOWOLF, he can hold his own.

Wes
                    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Wes1
                      Oh-oh. Flame alert!

We try to tolerate some irregular english spelling, grammar and punctuation here. Some of us ain't completed our English majors yet. Others don't care.
                      Not defending IOWOLF, he can hold his own.

Wes
                      How does that work?

I asked a sincere question.

He made several posts here and contributed nothing and you’re approaching me?

“Prol’yâ€‌ isn’t misspelling or misuse of English grammar, it’s nothing. He deserved what he got. Had he given a sincere response I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

As little as I like the word �prol’y’ I like wise guys less.

Comment

It is a written colloquialism. The use of such has a long and rich history in the written form of the English language, especially when used in a conversational manner. I would hazard a guess that few of us, including RobDee, always speak with perfect diction and grammatical accuracy in casual conversation.
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

[QUOTE=RobDee]How does that work?

I asked a sincere question.

He made several posts here and contributed nothing and you’re approaching me?

Rob Dee,,, welcome to the wonderful world of iowolf (or UBjackle as i call him)

2,868 post (and counting) and nobody has learned a single thing, nuisance is the word that comes to mind, about as much fun as listening to a harley...

word to the wise, just say this and he useually gets the hint, UBjackle ---- spankin???

By the way -- nice work on that thing stuck in the eraser...

Comment

Originally posted by Wes1
                            Oh-oh. Flame alert!
                            Wes
                            Correction: Thin skin alert.

RobDee:
                            By your join date and post count I see you've been here a while. Long enough know the personality and quirks of some of the regulars. Maybe long enough to remember an unpleasant thread where a poster's writing abilities were criticized.

Perhaps I'm the one with thin skin. I just would hate to have a lurker or newby be discouraged from posting because his writing abilities might not be up to snuff.

Allowances and tolerance.

Wes
                            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

So RobDee, you mentioned the surface grinder has worn out.

Did you buy it new or used? How well did you like it before it wore out?

I'd like to hear more about this model.

Best,

BW

PS Don't let the trolls here get you down. They are a fixture. Unavoidable, probably. They seem to be on most board, but a bit stronger here for some reason. You should derive as much entertainment observing the trolls and those who come to their defense as consternation when they're heckling. Just take it all as fun to watch, and remember, it's all free.
                              ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
                              Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
                              http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

Working...
                              X