X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Getting a bulldozer off a truck

I must admit, very creative.
    http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18781
    You never learn anything by doing it right.

Certainly creative...

They do something similiar at grain elevators - they have a lift that willl lift a semi or grain truck to near verticle to allow the grain to pour out the back if you dont have a hopper-bottom trailer! It's a little nerve wracking to see a full size semi truck and trailer raised almost verticle when your right behind it!!

Comment

Now that's cool. I was really expecting a dramatic finish, like the truck "squirting" forward and the bed of the truck being damaged. But it looks like at least a little thought went into doing it right. That's pretty clever, and probably a lot faster than the "right" way.

I wonder if they can do the same in reverse?

-Mark
      The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

Hate to be that back axle.

Looks like they have done that many times. Knew exactly where to put the scoop when the truck tilted up, the scoop met the ground. Hats off to those folks, getter-done...JRouche
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

That was slick, I was waiting for the big bounce too.

Comment

Yep those boys have definetly done that before,but as already mentioned it's hard on the truck.How hard is it anyway to drop a coulple of ramps?Sure glad it's not my truck. Speaking of no ramps here's one that's always had me scratchin my head,wish I could have been sellin popcorn, beer and taking bets on this one./http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/544-no_problem.html
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Yes did you notice how the driver waited for the truck to start to move down then removed the chock from the wheels, threw it on the back and turned away.
              Done that before and didn't need to look, he knew what was happening.

The link Willy posted is interesting.
              I want to know how he gets out when he's emptied the hopper truck

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

You gotta hand it to them, they're resourceful!
                Why buy it for $2 when you can make it for $20

Comment

I hate to be a picky pain in the butt, but that's not a bulldozer. I am a curmudgeon, after all.

Comment

Even a bulldozer isn't a bulldozer, sorry to be picky .

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

We had a news lady call a dragline a steamshovel just the other night.Boy did I want to straighten her out but stuff like that happens al the time.

Ya gotta laugh sometimes.

Comment

I'd like to have seen how they loaded the track hoe on that truck (considering how they unloaded it)!

And I bet that machine is about all that truck wanted!
                        Why buy it for $2 when you can make it for $20

Comment

I had to rent a big bobcat a couple of months ago and all they had left were the OLD trailers. Ramps bent like a U and the bars that went to the ground were all knocked off. When we hooked the trailer to my GMC and backed the bobcat on the tail of the trailer went down to the ground and the back tires of the truck were four feet off the ground. I went real slow and it felt a hell of a lot better than the normal lurching and slipping up the ramps wondering if you are about to go over the edge of the ramps. When I hit the tipping point, the trailer just eased on down. Just make sure that you block the trailer wheels.

Comment

to the railroad one

the railroads do that often to unload the gravel and ties from those cars...really strange to watch them move up to the next car using to same process.

Walt
                            Walt

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_D
                              I had to rent a big bobcat a couple of months ago and all they had left were the OLD trailers. Ramps bent like a U and the bars that went to the ground were all knocked off. When we hooked the trailer to my GMC and backed the bobcat on the tail of the trailer went down to the ground and the back tires of the truck were four feet off the ground. I went real slow and it felt a hell of a lot better than the normal lurching and slipping up the ramps wondering if you are about to go over the edge of the ramps. When I hit the tipping point, the trailer just eased on down. Just make sure that you block the trailer wheels.
                              You want to try getting one off with the truck hooked to the trailer.
                              Bond

Comment

Working...
                              X