Rookie question #233

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie question #233

I am the proud owner of a new (to me)Starrett Model 255-12 Vernier Height Gage. The problem is that with the long vernier I am unable to read it to the nearest thou and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could e-mail an easy to follow sketch of what the gage would look like for a measurement of 0.265". Thanks a bunch

------------------

Maybe this page will help, it deals specifically with the "long" 50 division vernier...

http://www.gagesgalore.com/Starrett_...age_How_To.htm

Comment

Thanks abn, that site was exactly what I needed. I had guessed right on how to read the scale, but two or three of the grads on the vernier plate would line up and that confused me just a little. I suppose it would be OK to use the nearest reading to the target dimension.

Thanks again and God Bless,
      Edgar

Comment

Remember that measuring takes practice! and keep everything clean, rub measuring tools with alcohol everyday, and relube!

Comment

Also remember the adadge that has become an axiom for me. "Measure twice, cut once." An old boss used to say this everytime we were about to cut stair treads out of a couple of expensive 2x12's. I've found that it works for life, love, and friendship as much as wood and metal. I'm finally learning to apply it to my mouth

Erik

Comment

Working...
          X