35 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 years ago today

I married Bronwen the love of my life and they have been the best years of my life yjree sons one Russell a Doctor in Glasgow one Alistair a lawyer in Cardiff and the youngest Ewen at University in Cardiff .happy! happy! happy !kindest regards to all Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Oh well , two out of three aint bad .

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

what do you mean by that explain please! Alistair

Comment

might be a lawyer reference

My favorite has always been "God had a plan when he made lawyers, lips and liar's all begin with an L, but most people never payed attention to it."

No slight intended auld Scottie

Working on 33 here.
        So congrat's Alistair
        Parents just passed 60 years last month
        Last edited by PTSideshow; 08-14-2006, 07:03 PM.
        Glen
        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

It's like the guy who meets this beautiful women he wants to spend the rest of his life with.
          The problem is he comes from a rather rough family.
          His father is in gaol for drug smuggling, his mother is also in gaol for running a brothel and his younger brother is on the run for armed robbery.
          Both his sisters are on the game but his elder brother is a lawyer at the high court.

When he tells her about his family does he mention the elder brother ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
            Oh well , two out of three aint bad ..
            Perhaps, but what if Ewen decides to enter politics??

Just kidding Alistair. One of the rewards of being a good parent is being able to stand proud with your children.
            It can be a lottery though
            Ken.

Comment

I warned him to stick to dentistry but he changed after 2 years and did law which if I am honest I think he always wanted to do anyway,well he's my son and I love him lawyer or not no slight taken P T give my warmest regards to your parents I love to hear all the success stories when all we normally hear is doom and gloom surrounding marriage these daysAlistair

Comment

Cheers to you and yours Alistair. I raise my glass of Guinness to you both.
                Its USA Guinness so you'll have to forgive me. Its all I can get.

May you both live as long as you want,
                And never want as long as you live.

And my favorite

May your marriage be like the kitchen table.
                All legs and no drawers!

Got kicked in the shin by me mom for that last one. Was at the cousins fling. he he

rock-
                Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Well, 47 years ago today, I married my bride, Miss Peggy Sue, and the years together have been absolutely great!!!!

Comment

Wow, a popular day. Cheers to yours as well.

I was born this month if that counts. But I aint tell'n how long ago. It would ruin the magic.

rock-
                    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Congradulations, Alistair! Not a bad start, and hopefully the next 35 will be better than the previous 35!
                      Why buy it for $2 when you can make it for $20

Comment

Congratulations Alistar. I have always enjoyed your posts. You don't know me from Adam but I wanted to say thank you and congratulations.
                        h.

Comment

That poor womanShe must be patient as Moses

Seriously,congrats!
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
                            I married Bronwen the love of my life .........!kindest regards to all Alistair
                            Congrats Mr. Hosie, congrats to your bride....

My wife’s name is Bronwyn. Pretty close to you wife's name. She says her name is Welsh.....

Happy days for you, JRouche
                            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

35 years ago today.

Alistair,
                              Congratulations and best wishes not just for today but for the future.
                              Nice to know that the kids are more or less settled- isn't it?

Mine stuck with Dentistry- like Mum. Married a Cardiologist. Sort of chucking my bread on the waters and it comes back- wet. Not a hope in Hell of getting my blood pressure up. Going down and down. So much for planning!
                              Son is Geography and French. Probably there is a French onion man still about.

Keep well, keep in touch.

Norm

Comment

Working...
                              X