Broken AMMCO Shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken AMMCO Shaper

I was just putting the last touches on a mechanical and cosmetic rebuild of my 7 inch AMMCO shaper when I rolled it off the workbench. I now need to find one being scrapped out or I need to build some parts. If you have one you are scrapping let me know.

The learning is, when you are interupted in the middle of a task make sure you resume slowly or you will have a good chance to screw something up.

Ouch......

At least it didn't land on you (I assume).

In your place I think I would be too ^%&^%*&^% mad to type straight for a few days.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hope you didn't get more than feelings hurt.
      "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

You might mention what you are looking for (in case people have spare parts) or what you need to fix (in case people can offer advice).

I knew there was a good reason I always seem to have a workbench that is covered with "stuff" so that I have to work on the garage floor.

cheers,
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moore
          I knew there was a good reason I always seem to have a workbench that is covered with "stuff" so that I have to work on the garage floor.
          Floor? What floor? I've got two sawhorses under a piece of old desk top out in the yard! I'm plum out of bench and floor space.

Comment

If he is here he must have STEPped aSIDE.

Comment

The needed parts are the locking handle for the ram and the part that it clamps with.

I can build the part --- It would be a nice part to build with a shaper. Guess I will have to use the Bridgeport.

I was lucky that I didn't get hurt. Inattention is one of the most dangerous things in a shop. This is followed up with restarting a job that was interrupted by visitors, the phone or coffee break.

Thanks for the sympathy and concerns as well as the humor.

Comment

Working...
              X