stress relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stress relief

The other day I had had enough of everyone whining and sniveling, so I went home, only to find nary a beer in the house. I went out to the shop and picked up a piece aluminum stock and began filing. The more I filed and blued the more determined I became and soon (1 1/2 hrs) I had a block that was within 1/2 a thousandth of being true on any side.
    When I was finished I found myself relaxed and had a good piece of project material to show for it. If I only had the beer to celebriate my mastery of the file.
    Non, je ne regrette rien.

Sounds like time to call the "Ajax Liquor Store" of yore.
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

I recently had a young lady in one of my classes stressing about all of the tests she was having on the Friday before a vacation. Her father had recently bought her a small anvil and some scrap metal to make jewlery. I instrusted her to go home and pound the hell out of a piece of metal on her anvil. Told her she'd feel better, and she might even come up with something she liked. She smiled and said she thought that was a great idea.

Matt

Comment

I have an 8x8 concrete slab left over from an old shed. If anyone wants to, they can come over and take out their frustrations on it with a sledge hammer. I'll supply the hammer. Oh, and you'll have to sign a disclaimer so I don't get sued when you get hit by a flying chunk of concrete.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

One Granddaughter was having a bad time in school and when I was unsympathetic at the wrong time,she blew up and said she would like to take a gun to me.Told her to wait till she was in our will. Took her out to the wood pile and had her start splitting wood with the splitting maul. Couldn't hardly lift it. Told her to imagine that the block of wood was what was making her mad. Made it easier to swat the wood ! After she worked up a sweat,she calmed down and gave me a hug. Haven't had time to change that will,gotta remember to do that someday.

Comment

Spindoctor, are you referring to the "Hudson&Landry" sketch from years ago?, 'cause if so, I haven't thought about that in years!...memories.

John

Comment

Used to have a big old truck tire in the driveway (no rim) and a baseball bat inside the garage door. Eased the frustrations and kept down on the repairs. Just gotta learn how to swing so the bat doesn't bounce back and ease you out cold!

Comment

Working...
              X