Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Energy/Science projects

Guys:
    Came across this web site that has DIY plans for alternative energy projects. I am posting this FYI. I think in may be of interest to the forum. No affiliation Normal disclaimers etc etc.

http://www.fuellesspower.com/air2.htm
    Feedback welcome

As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.
    Regards Tin
    Ad maiorem dei gloriam - Ad vitam paramus

Feedback eh? Seems to me we have discussed compressed air engines before. I am hard pressed to think of a more inefficient way to propel anything.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan Not trying to beat a dead horse here. Do not recall the discussion on air engines. Also this site was posted because it offers various plan sets of potential interest.
      If you want an air engine this one is likely much more efficient. http://www.engineair.com.au/airmotor.htm
      Tin

Comment

The motor isn't the problem. When you compress air unless you have some magic way to keep from losing the heat of compression then you lose all that energy even before it is used to run a motor. That represents a huge loss in efficiency and cannot be overcome.

Comment

There is some good reading here. I like the idea.

http://www.theaircar.com/

Comment

If you dig around on that site you will discover there is one very important page that is missing, the page titled Thermodynamics and mileage

I wonder why?

It's because the performance on just air is so poor as to be nearly unusable. Nearly all of the performance figures quoted on the site are based on the car running on its IC engine, not the air motor.

Comment

124 miles on a tank of air! How the hell big is that tank anyway? How much energy is used to compress the air? And finally you're goiingto need a whole lot more modifications than a missing carburator and some solenoids.

Comment

It doesn't say 124 miles on a tank of air. As I said, most of the references on that site to performance include the internal combustion engine.

Comment

Other projects

I was hoping you guys would check out some of the other projects
                  The Fuelless Engine , The Fuelless Heater , The Gravity Motor ,Free Energy From The Earth , Tesla Turbine , Run Your Car On Water Homemade ,Solar Cells , 5,000 watt inverter , Tesla Coil , More Plans, SP500 AC Generator Homemade Batteries HV Power Supplies Aircraft
                  High Voltage Capacitors High Voltage Magnets , High Efficiency Generator Windmills , Fuel Cells, A lot of this stuff looks like books /plans that linsay sells. No I am not sitting here wearing a foil beanie LOL
                  Regards
                  Tin

Comment

Always had fun with plans like that, leave it setting out where the big boss would see it and a few parts made setting on the bench when I went to lunch.

OTOH:
                    Kind of leary of web offers like that, fool and his money kind of thing.
                    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

Ok.

Fuelless heater:

Question: How does it work?
                      Without giving out to much free information,we will use our small space heater as an example: We start with a 7" x 11" metal drum, ( Which is the outer drum ) Then motor oil is poured into the inner can, It does not use oil, it only uses the atoms from the oil which is very safe to use

So, it doesn't use the oil, only the atoms of the oil. Well, that clears that up.

Gravity motor:

“The motor turns counter clock wise. The arms are in perfect balance positions at the 6:00 and the 12:00 positions. As it continues to turn past the 12:00 position the leverage arms both move to the left about 10 to 12 inches. This creates an OFF BALANCE and rotates the heavy steel flywheel until the off balanced arm reaches the 6:00 position. At that point a very high efficient / free energy solenoid coil kicks in and pushes the arms back up into a perfect balanced position and they continue to rotate back to the 12:00 position. Then the process starts all over again - this is all done very quickly!â€‌
                      This is one of the oldest pipe dreams. For it to work it would have to violate the laws of conservation of momentum as well as the laws of thermodynamics and a few others that I have missed as well as the "no free lunch" law.

Free energy from the earth:

You can now use less earth space and get 10 times more power! Using our New Nano Flux EECC Technology! Collect some high voltage RF spikes from lightning as well!

Bad plan. Bad science. Collecting power from lightning can be hazardous to your health. Not a good science project. Just ask Lee Trevino.

I am not going to look at the rest.

Comment

All of them have science violations or are basically useless. The fuelless motor was one, that was hard to spot. A bit of diging though showed the catch. The motor plans call for a 1000v 30ma power supply.

Testing shows it works sort of. The power supply delivers 1000 * 0.030 = 30 watts, the motor outputs around 5 watts. Whats wrong with this picture? LOL
                        Murphy was an optimist

Comment

Ok the secret of the oil heater. You have to use the right oil.

Which turns out is one thats contains a lot of sulfur. It gets its "free" heat by reacting a metal with the sufur. Yup the oil is not used up at all. still LOL.
                          Murphy was an optimist

Comment

In case anyone objects to my critcism. I am not totally anti any alternate stuff and I probably shouldn't mention but...

I do know of one method that might work, and no it doesnt violate the Conservation of Energy Law.

It does on the face of it violate the Second law of thermodynamics ( The entropy increases law), but it does not seem to contradict any of the proofs (statistical and otherwise) of the second law just adds some fine print. I just cannot find the loop hole that invalidates it. But I am so sure momma nature has some trick up her sleave, so that the Second law holds, I would not like anyone to scam it or invest in it.

On the other hand if someone is rich and silly enough to pay, with their eyes wide open, for it to be checked by experts and/or built let me know.

Oh and if anyone wants a (confidential or otherwise) science based critique of other schemes, I very likely would be willing and able.
                            Murphy was an optimist

Comment

Here's another site to putts around in, its fasinating if not just for the lengths that man will go through to try and find a loophole --- http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm --- Most all of the devises are very obvious at a glance but there are a few that will make you think, I really dont believe theres a "free lunch" but that being said and Iv made this statement on this site before --- give me a true magnetic shielding material (that is unaffected by magnetism itself) and i will have a working unit built humming away in my basement and producing all my heating and electrical needs and also giving me a nice monthly paycheck from the electrical company, Its just as important to stay grounded with reality as it is to keep an open mind...

Comment

Working...
                              X