X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by WJHartson
    Yes, you paid too much, but to help a friend out I will be up to get it and give you twice what you paid for it. See you in the morning, BTW could you cut it in half for me?

Joe
    Cut it up? No problem,I'll have a box of chips waiting for you when you get here,plus three or five more under the lathe

Leave a comment:

• WJHartson
    replied
    Yes, you paid too much, but to help a friend out I will be up to get it and give you twice what you paid for it. See you in the morning, BTW could you cut it in half for me?

Joe

Leave a comment:

• thistle
    replied
    just to tick all and sundry off, it wasnt scrap yet but it was heading there-
    I just scrouged this little Rapidor hacksaw(well this is an image i lifted but essentially the same)
    by passed the contactor and it works fine . heh heehehehhehehehehh

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    If this one ever closes I'm starting my own,yes there are some hassles,but it is lucrative.

Liability will be easy what with having a car crusher an all

Leave a comment:

• BadDog
    replied
    That happened here too. Some numbnuts went in and got hurt, likely retired on the insurance settlement, and now they sell ONLY to the bulk scrappers and NOBODY goes inside...

Leave a comment:

• madman
    replied
    Scrapyard Insurance Problems

Well we have been shunned by our local scrapyard forever. Seems someone was injured on site and sued. Now no one is allowed in. Amazing it was a great place for all types of material. The whole society is getting overregulated and controlled by insurance companies and damn bleeding heart do gooders.

Leave a comment:

• charlie coghill
    replied
    Yes,but we aren't lovers

Thank God for that, you are probably too ugly.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by charlie coghill
    Weird, We are friends, aren't we?
    Yes,but we aren't lovers

Leave a comment:

• charlie coghill
    replied
    Weird, We are friends, aren't we?

Leave a comment:

• nheng
    replied
    " did I pay too much? "

That depends, did you leave with all the parts of your car that you arrived with ?

I wish we had scrap yards around here. Most towns are too prissy, or at least think they are, to have any.
    Last edited by nheng; 08-26-2006, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Al Messer
    replied
    With that kind of luck, have you considered playing THE Lottery? LOL! Congratulations on your windfall!! Now, make something useful out of it!!

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    started a topic Good day at the scrapyard

Good day at the scrapyard

I almost didn't go,but I decided to make my weekly trip down to see if they had anything new in.Soon as I walked in the gate one of the owners tells me he has something for me.These are good folks and good friends.

24" of 6"od aluminum roundbar,total cost $0.00,says 7075 T651 on the side,did I pay too much?
Working...
X