Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

source in us for small orders of metric-sized tubing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source in us for small orders of metric-sized tubing?

hey guys --

are there any places in the us where i could get a short piece of 22mm x 1.0mm wall tubing (like an 8" piece)? i've been looking all over, and the few metric supply houses i've found either don't sell to the public and/or don't deal in hobbyist-size orders. material-wise, stainless'd be preferable, steel'd be ok.

i bet over in europe, they've got this stuff coming out their ears!

thanks!

drew

How about local auto parts stores or a place that makes up fuel/ hydraulic lines. they might have it that large dia. Also if you have a hobby shop K&S metal and shapes might have it in that size the local one has a lot of the differrent types and shapes they sell.
    The problem is they mostly sell it by the foot or two or pound and 8 inches will cost more to sell you than make a profit.
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

source in us for small orders of metric-sized tubing?

Hi Drew,

Have you tried McMaster-Carr? They have almost everything. If they don't then Small Parts, in Miami Lakes Fl. will probably have what you are looking for. I think they have a $5 minimum but they have so much neat stuff that it is easy to meet. Just do a google search for them and you should get their links.

good luck,
      Jim
      Jim (KB4IVH)

Only fools abuse their tools.

Comment

Maybe Small Parts www.smallparts.com ?
        ----------
        Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
        Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
        Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
        There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
        Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
        Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkstyle
          hey guys --

are there any places in the us where i could get a short piece of 22mm x 1.0mm wall tubing (like an 8" piece)? i

i bet over in europe, they've got this stuff coming out their ears!

thanks!

drew
          Yup 15mm and 2mm are the standard central heating sizes.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

thanks for the replies so far, guys. mcmaster doesn't have it -- pretty limited selection of metric tubing. smallparts.com doesn't seem to have it in their online catalog either. i'll try calling their 800 number, but i'm not hopeful.

i'll look for a k&s website next, but i've never seen anything like this size in the hardware store displays i've seen with their stuff.

any other ideas?

thanks!

Comment

I just did a google for metric stainless steel tubing and got a lot of sites. Try it you'll like it and may find what your looking for. I found what your looking for but did not inquire as to quantity of order.
              It's only ink and paper

Comment

Working...
              X