Fortal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortal?

I keep seeing it all over the place so now I'm asking whathehellisfortalaluminum?And what makes it so special?
    I just need one more tool,just one!

I asked the same question some time ago(maybe not here). The simple answer is that it is a heat treated variation of 7075 alloy aluminum.
    There is an outfit that sells odd sized pieces on eBay and also has a website where you can select various sizes. Do a web search for "fortal", you should find them.

Don in Ohio

Just looked it up, the site is http://www.mousebar.com/fhome.html

[This message has been edited by Don in Ohio (edited 02-22-2003).]

Comment

I have bought about a hundred pounds of this stuff for use in my shop. It machines like a jewel and I have used it for several items in the shop. It has performed very well. (The usual disclaimers.)

Comment

So thats all it is 7075 t-6!I got bunches of that!I also have the heat treat instructions for 7075 if any body needs them!

Comment

No, it is not 7075-T6! It is SIMILAR - not IDENTICAL.

Comment

What about "Ergal" heard of it, anyone!!?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Axel:
              What about "Ergal" heard of it, anyone!!?</font>
              Ian't that related someway to Hagar the Horrible?

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

not that I know of! *lol* it's an aluminum alloy!

Comment

I thought erckel it was that annoying black kid with the squeeky voice and glasses/suspenders...

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 02-27-2003).]

Comment

Thrud,glad to hear from you again while you were gone postings slowed to a crawl just not as entertaining! So Fortal isn't the same as the 7075 does it machine the same?I got a ton of it when the army ammo plant closed 4-1/2 od bars 12'long in the annealed state had to get the heat treat inst from the man.Love the stuff mills like cast alum. or leadalloy.

Comment

Working...
                    X