We know you're NOT a machinist when-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We know you're NOT a machinist when-

-we see you putting that swing set together using a vernier caliper that you found in your dad's shop.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

What....did you mean the vernier/crescent wrench?
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Naw, that's a face spanner.

Comment

Another gross misuse of parallel scribers?

Comment

A machine assembler I used to know used to take delight in drawing comments from new workers in the shop by using old clapped-out 1" calipers as c-clamps. Although I never saw it happen, I watched for the day when one of the young noobs would grab the assembler's good caliper to clamp a detail in place.
          Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
          ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Huh?

Bottle Opener.

Comment

I always like it when you walk by the new kid at the Bridgport and see him putting an endmill in the drill chuck.....
              Just makes ya want ta slap em.
              Jim
              Phinney Bay Machine Works

Comment

Originally posted by PBMW
                I always like it when you walk by the new kid at the Bridgport and see him putting an endmill in the drill chuck.....
                Just makes ya want ta slap em.
                Watched the guy on American Chopper do that

Comment

When you pull a claw hammer out of your tool satchel, ---------with one claw broken off.

G

Comment

when you are told that if you turn a right hand gear 180 degrees it becomes left hand, been told this many times by people who should know better

Comment

"I always like it when you walk by the new kid at the Bridgport and see him putting an endmill in the drill chuck.....
                      Just makes ya want ta slap em."

lol - even i'm not that bad...

American Chopper can be very irritating at times - sometimes i think those guys are more actors/artists then welders, fabricators or machinists. I noticed the frames are always shipped in from other places and i've seen some really shoddy welding and some really stupid shop practices before...just makes me wonder.

Comment

You talk about free energy.

You talk with enthusiasm about developing a system based on something which died on it's arse because of the existance of more conventional alternatives with obvious advantages which are good cheap and functional.

You haven't tried walking a mile in the other guy's shoes, not having realised that he'd then be a mile behind you with no shoes

Regards,
                        Nick

Comment

You cut the metal too short, tell the boss, and then actually go look for the metal stretcher he tells you to go get..

Comment

You spend time on a machining forum slagging off a dead man who generally meant well.

Comment

{{slagging off a dead man}} Interesting, Is slagging the same thing as blowing???

Comment

Working...
                              X