New Lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lathe

Although it's new to me, it's a far from new Craftsman (Atlas) 101.07403 12x24

"The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

"The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thats a real nice lookin lathe. Looks like the paint is original too or a good job with the repaint. Gonna have fun with that one. Can it be made to thread? JRouche

Ah, maybe with this lil stack..
          Last edited by JRouche; 09-06-2006, 11:52 PM.
          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche
            Can it be made to thread?
            Not if it stays backed up in that corner.

Nice lathe. I've got one just like it but 12x30 and blue.

Comment

Beautiful picture Ken K. Is it just sitting on that door not bolted down or does it live on a different bench?

Comment

The picture was taken after a restoration. It's mounted on a bench now. Dang dirty too.

Comment

That's the DeLuxe, with all the extra covers over the belts.

You've got the change gears, but the dauber in the tailstock is missing - you'll never be able to make anything without that.

(I guess that should have a smilie; but I hate those damn things)

Comment

Yea, I woulld get it out of that corner also,Unless you have a hole through the wall.
                    But hey if you arent doing any rifle barrels it doesnt matter.

Nice lathe though

Comment

Thanks JRouche, IOWOlf, Ken. The paint appears to be original. Yes, those are some of the gears and rest. It comes with other accessories that are in the drawers on the stand. That corner is a temporary spot for it whilst I get her cleaned up. That sure is a beauty Ken.

Comment

Here's one more. It's sitting in a borrowed corner of a patient friend's shop.
                        Last edited by ProGunOne; 09-07-2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Hi nice lathe looks a bit like a design between a southbend-boxford and a myford ml7 looks very nice well looked after lathe well done kindest regards and have fun Alistair
                          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Is that a gorton mill?

Comment

It's an Index Model 55.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X