Hard Anodizing Aluminum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Anodizing Aluminum

Does anyone know of a facility in the Northeast that anodizes aluminum for prototype size runs (4-5 moderate sized parts at a time)? I have checked out a couple of sites online, but they were extremely expensive. Also, does anyone have any info on blackening stainless steel. I think that the gun maker Beretta is doing this for special run U.S. service arms. I am building a custom rifle with stainless barrel. The receiver and other components will be blued or black. I'm kinda trying to make the whole thing match.
    Thanks,
    Eric.

I'm having hard anodize done in NH. Try Kem Kote in Manchester. You might want to try Thomas register also. The internet frequently shows its finite limits whenever I need something.
    Den

Comment

Stainless blackening material can be purchased at www.caswell.com . I hope it works better than the blackening material for steel that I purchased from them. I've had very little luck with any of the cold blueing or blackening materials.

Chris

Comment

Basement,
        Check out this site. Where I work we use Hohmans quite a bit and they do quality work but you may be able to find something closer.
        http://www.aluminumanodizing.com/

Kevin
        If it's not good enough for you, it's sure not good enough for anyone else.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I do some searching of the leads you gave me.
          Eric.

Comment

www.caswell.com doesn't work, but www.caswellplating.com does.

Comment

Working...
            X