Need a dab more room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a dab more room

I bought a new pencil sharpener yesterday and I couldn't find a place to hang it. I think I need to expand just a tad.

I need two isles anyway to walk through, my dog will find the tightest isle area and that's where she lays. It's funny, but it can get nervey at times. When the chips get nasty I put her out.

I still enjoy the hell out of it though, I always find a way to get through.

Keep up the good work and the good posting I find myriads of good stuff here, I will contribute whatever I have whenever I get it.
    Norm'
    Member C.A.L.S. Balt'
    If it's not broken, why do I keep trying to fix it....

I'm repairing a pencil sharpener at the moment at the customers premises because if I bring it home I have nowhere to put it.

Had to send a truck away today with two pallets on, to come back tomorrow as the fork truck has some bits of it for repair and it's blocking the yard.

Pity you can't store stuff in your wallet, that's always empty

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

had same problem with no wall space to mount it. mounted it to a block of wood, then when needed it use mounted it in the vise and cranked away. Pity ya didn't get a small battery operated one that you can have in the pile on the bench.
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

"Hang on the wall"

Now that's funny!

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

At least you guys can FIND your pencils.

Comment

The back of a shop door is a good place to make shelfs and put things. I've built small shelves (with small lip) on mine and put 1/2" elastic straps from one side of the door to the other. I put paint cans on the shelves and the elastic holds them on the shelves and against the door I have three rows separated by the hight of the cans. You could put many other things on the door just remember to watch what the back of the door hit when opened. You might need to add a stop.
            Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Millman
              At least you guys can FIND your pencils.
              That's funny, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                "Hang on the wall"

Now that's funny!

Something wrong there Evan.
                Too much floor showing.
                You could get at least one full-size machine in that space

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson

Pity you can't store stuff in your wallet, that's always empty

How true...
                  Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

Comment

Need a dab more room

You can drag a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

And then

" Why is a raven like a writing desk"

because it slopes with a flap?

Oh Yes!

Norm

Comment

Something wrong there Evan.
                      Too much floor showing.
                      You could get at least one full-size machine in that space
                      That's an old pic Tim. There are a couple of machines in the way now.

Comment

Need a dab more room

And Evan? dare we ask?

Norm

Comment

My Strands drill press, rotary converter, horizontal bandsaw.

I actually do have a lot of spare space in the garage. I could easily fit in a Bport and a big lathe up to 10 feet. I don't have a need for such equipment nor is it readily available around here. A shaper sure would be nice though.
                          Last edited by Evan; 09-11-2006, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Need a dab more room

Evan,
                            And that was not the answer

Norman

Comment

The ear is not better. More appointments, more expensive drugs, no hearing. Because of where we live one of the appointments requires a 7 hour drive, round trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X