Antique Barnes Lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Barnes Lathe

I have no connection to the seller, just ran across it on Craig's List today. I did find a vintage looking cast iron stand that would go perfect with my recent Craftsman Lathe purchase on Craig's a week or so ago for $ 6.00.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/207358841.html

Here's the stand:

Last edited by ProGunOne; 09-14-2006, 07:10 PM.
    "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Hey,
    That is the Atlas shaper table. Fred

Comment

Atlas used the same legs for the lathe, shaper and milling machine, and probably other machines as well. The only difference being the length of the maple planks needed to accomodate the particular machine.
      Jim H.

Comment

Ahh, I see. It was listed as a grinder stand. The fellow told me it belonged to his dad who had a bench style grinder bolted to it? I did run across another Craftsman (Atlas) lathe that was for sale (e-bay?) that was sitting atop a stand identical to it with the exception of (wooden planks) being longer. Thanks for the info.
        "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Comment

Working...
        X