English thread question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English thread question!

I've bought an Excell rotary table and need to find 2 of what I think are pipe plugs. The diameter of the hole is .340, Threads seem to be around 28 as an American grease fitting of 28 TPI. just seems to start. Anyone familiar with this thread?
    mark costello-Low speed steel

Sounds like a 1/8" BSP (british standard pipe) thread to me. These have 28 TPI and a tapping drill/minor diameter size of 11/32" (0.345). Thread angle will be 55 degree whitworth form.
    Do you need to just plug the holes or put a fitting in there?

Peter

Comment

Fill with oil then plug. Plugs missing in 2 places. Do you know of a source to buy? Thanks for information.
      mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

If it's that close to 1/8" npt then just coat a tap with grease and clean out the thread untill a 1/8" pipe plug fits it.
        It's only ink and paper

Comment

I've got a couple of these lying around in the bottom of an odds & sods bolt box. They are only about a 1/4" or 5/16" long though, if thats any good?

If you're not in a desperate hurry for them then you can PM me your postal address I'll pop them in a envelope and send them over. Should be less than a week to airmail I think.

Peter

Comment

Working...
          X