OT: first time sighting, dirty H2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: first time sighting, dirty H2

Thought I'd share an image. I have never seen one like this. Must have let Junior borrow the vehicle.

Of course, it was in the parking lot of a service station - maybe it got stuck or broken...

The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

That's the way everything looks like here in winter. Then it snaps so cold you can't wash it if you ever want to get the doors open without ripping off the weather stripping.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

No, it is funny to watch the fools. Most people who buy these gonzo H2's wash and wax them and will never allow their mega dollar machine to see a mud puddle. They are status symbols, and not intended for dirty work.
      Jim H.

Comment

Here in LALAland, limousines are a dime a dozen. (I suppose that sometimes the
        soccer moms need to transport the spectators as well as the team.)

Stretch Hummers in pearlescent white are the latest manifestation. One sees
        them at all the weddings next to the stretched Mercedes Benz SUVs.

The ones I don't understand are the stretch GMC Yukons. I guess those are for
        the yuppies who don't want to appear too pretentious. Yeah, right. That's
        gotta be it.
        Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
        http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

It must have been splashed by a semi driving by. I've never known one to actually be spotted off road around here.

Comment

On the other hand, take a closer look. It might actually be a custom paint job. Like pre worn out tools sold by the chicoms, maybe someone has come up with a pre dirtied Hummer.

That way you can look like a real "happenin guy" and still keep your tennies clean.

Hermes will be introducing a line of camo neckwear to complement the look.
            Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by JCHannum
              On the other hand, take a closer look. It might actually be a custom paint job. Like pre worn out tools sold by the chicoms, maybe someone has come up with a pre dirtied Hummer...
              That was my first thought...excellent airbrush work. Attention to detail: they even did the tires.

Comment

He probably was tailgating a cattle truck.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

JC is right,it has got to be paint,if it was real off road abuse there would be dents and scratches because most of the owners of this class of vehicle can't drive on pavement let alone figure out what to do in an off road situation.
                  Evan is also correct in his assessment of the condition of cars in this part of the country come winter.If you do get a nice sunny day and you want to wash your car it's usually -30 and you'll need an axe to dry it.
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Dirty H2

I can't remember if it was for real, but I seem to remember seeing aerosol mud
                    for sale somewhere, for just this purpose.

Yeah, here it is:

www.sprayonmud.com/

I guess that proves again that you can sell anything!

Comment

Funny thread...I was just reading this on MSN news..
                      http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....tentid=4024207
                      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

We call the things "SQUARE BLAZERS" since that's all it is,an over priced Chevy Blazer.I hate the things,not because it's an SUV,but because it's a fraud.
                        No ground clearance,no variable tire pressure,no intake and exhaust on the roof and a stinkin gas burner to boot.Not a thing in common with a real Hummer.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Ever seen one of those six wheeled pick-ups with anything in it other than the driver?

Comment

Besides you haven't actually been mudding unless the wheels are packed all the way to the brakes with mud!

I've never taken a pic of my '03 FX4 Level II Ranger all muddy, I've gotten it stuck more than one on the factory 31x10.5 BFG all terrains. Thinking about Boggers for the next set of tires.

Comment

Originally posted by rsr911
                              Besides you haven't actually been mudding unless the wheels are packed all the way to the brakes with mud!
                              That's a gripe I forgot,the real Hummer also has inboard mounted dics brakes,up nice and high out of the deep mud.
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X