Super Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Finish

Have some bushings to finish bore. Parts require a 12 microfinish internally. What is the best finish a carbide reamer could Produce? I have 200 too make. Any good ideas guys would be much appreciated. Thanx Mike

I suspect the material you're making the bushings out of will affect the answer to your question.
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

It depends on the material but solid metals respond very well with honing ala Sunnen and others. Leave 0.003 to 0.005 stock in the bores and hone them or have them honed. 0.0003" unilateral tolerances and 10 micro finishes are relatively easy to hold.
      Last edited by Forrest Addy; 09-22-2006, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest Addy
        It depends on the material but solid metals respond very well with honing ala Sunnen and others. Leave 0.003 to 0.005 stock in the bores and hone them or have them honed. 0.0003" unilateral tolerances and 10 micro finishes are relatively easy to hold.

For you maybe...

Comment

well, Mike, I would suggest, make one, compare it with the original finish, and make 199 more if it's up to SPC standards. No quick fix for anything that can't be seen firsthand. That's the way and the life. SPC is everything.

Comment

Working...
          X