Mozzilla Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozzilla Firefox

Anyone using this search engine?? I cant get it up on my computer. Is the site wonky?

It isn't a search engine. It is a web browser like IE but without all the crap and hassle. I use it and would not use another.
    Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Comment

Works for me. I've been using it for a couple years now.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Requires a download and install.

Go here,

http://www.mozilla.com/

A neat thing.
        Gene

Comment

Green!? Wood grain???
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Ok its a web browser.

The question was is it working properly? It just doesnt go to mozilla just says cant find it.

Comment

Are you trying to type "mozilla" into the address bar of your web browser, and receiving an error that says the web page cannot be found?
              Todd

Comment

What makes it better than IE? Is it a fad, or something? I'm not being a smartass, I'm just not really computor savvy and up on the latest and greatest!!
                I just upgraded and enabled my Flash so I'd stop crashing on PM! What will mozilla help me with? One crayon at a time is about my speed with these things!

Steve

Comment

Is it better? Yep.

It is a browser for linking into the internet. Just as you use a browser for your email or usenet. You should have better success using a separate browser for each server.

I like Firefox because it is not as embedded into the operating system as internet explorer is.

Firefox allows more control if you need it. JRouche
                  My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Mozilla was designed specifically to be secure by a few guys fed up with IE. Plus it is relatively unknown so the hackers and spammers don't go after it. Two thumbs up. The only problem with it is that ,of course, Microsoft won't let it download windows upgrades.

Comment

My computor's 3 1/2 yrs old, so I guess it's nearing the end. When I bought it I got the top of the line in mem, hrtz, gigabites, etc.. but i doubt it 's worth the time or money now to mess with! On the next one I'll get all the lastest bells and whistles, and ask on the site before I buy so I know what I'm looking for!! I hear the Macs are pretty good also!

Steve

Comment

Mozilla is the continued development of the Netscape browser. It was a whole lot of guys, and a whole lot of money that built that up.

Towards the end of Netscape's life as a software company they released the browser, mail client and newsread code under an Open Source license. Mozilla is the name of the company (not for profit I think, but I'm not sure) that is managing the continued development of the software.

I use Mozilla because I use Gentoo Linux as the OS on my primary computer and of course MS does offer a version of IE that runs on Linux. That said I do think it's better both in the browser and the mail client (thunderbird).

Originally posted by AZSORT
                        Mozilla was designed specifically to be secure by a few guys fed up with IE. Plus it is relatively unknown so the hackers and spammers don't go after it. Two thumbs up. The only problem with it is that ,of course, Microsoft won't let it download windows upgrades.

Comment

Another fine browser is opera. http://www.opera.com/index.dml

The download is less than 5 meg. Its fast and simple.

Comment

I use Firefox, can't stant IE.
                            Love the Firefox tabs, and the popup stopper.
                            Last I heard FF had 25% of the browser market

Comment

Mozzilla??????

I have been using it on my new computer but for the last two weeks its been intermittent and now nothing. I reloaded but it still wont work. I am starting to dislike my computers. 12 gauge time soon if they donrt start behaving or maybe a free ride in the logsplitter and then 12 Gauge the baastards. Thats how i feel about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X