adjust of the ram travel on ammco 7" shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjust of the ram travel on ammco 7" shaper

Can someone please tell me how to adjust the travel on a 7" ammco shaper? I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure it out...thanks
    jmson

Keep calm brother someone here will help you .I know how frustrating these things can be but just keep it cool what I was going to suggest is looking up or asking this guy regards Alistair
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Wish I could help...... Now, if it was a South Bend or Atlas!! Look inside the column and see if the bearing block inside the ram crank has an adjustment stud, nut, or a scale graduated on it. That should be an indication of the length adjustment.

Comment

Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metal_Shapers/ or www.machinerymanuals.com.The Yahoo site you have to join,members only,but they seem to have some good info.The Machinery Manuals has copies of old parts and operations manuals for a lot of machines,albeit a little expensive. Jim

Comment

I just rebuilt my 7" Ammco.
          Spin the handle till the arrow lines up with the line on the bushing on the eccentric feed drive. ( Or spin the handle until the brass shoe is at the highest position, the bottom of the shoe is how you set the stroke by aligning it to the appropiate mark on the rocker arm ) You need to loosen the nut on the spinning shaft which drives thr brass eccentric strap.
          Tap it lightly with a piece of brass. Then you can adjust the travel. If it is really hard to adjust, your adjustment crank might be slightly bent. If you need more info email me, and I can show you some pictures of me setting mine. Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by tooljedi (edited 02-17-2003).]

Comment

Hey tool jedi;
            I also have a 7" aamco and would like to see the info you have foe setting this thing up. Really the manual is not very helpful.
            Yhanks Jim
            [email protected]
            God, will I ever be able to get this right, I reread my post and seen I stick my finger in the wrong hole again (:
            should have been "Thanks"
            JS

[This message has been edited by shaque (edited 02-17-2003).]
            Jim

Comment

Hey! Turn the power off first! That could be the problem!

Safety First...

Comment

OK John,
                I didn't check to see if the e-mail went thru but I did send the FAX of the manual this pm. As one writer said the manual is not that helpfull. If you didn't get thee-mail I can certainly re-send it. Line up the arrows. Loosen the screw that holds the brass "nut" and loosen the 3/4" nut at the end of the bull wheel shaft. Slide the "brass Nut" to the appropriate length and re-tighten everything. Gotta tell you boy's that it is slower using one of these things but the surface finish is BIG TIME better than a miller.

Comment

thanks chriss the fax came through great I didn't get the e-mail though...I re-e-mailed you so that you get the right e-mail address. thanks again chriss...you are a gentleman and a scholar and there are few of us left..
                  jmson

Comment

Shaque,
                    I emailed you a few days ago. Did you need some infor on your Shapper? I am looking for some measurements for the round cover! Thanks all!

[This message has been edited by tooljedi (edited 02-23-2003).]

Comment

John,
                      I get my emails returned to me when I send email to you email address. Is there another way to get you your info?

[This message has been edited by tooljedi (edited 03-06-2003).]

Comment

Working...
                      X